01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

I been wanting to ask if anybody has notice one rear wheel sticking out more than the other one. I got a 01 ST and notice my right rear wheel sticks out more than my left rear wheel. Has anybody had this prOblem? If so how do u correct it?.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's most likely your bed is misaligned.

Ight so I decided to go with the 15x8 in rims with 2.5 inch back spacing. I'm gonna wanna get some 30s eventually. My trucks leveled am I gonna have to do any trimming?

And sorry for the off topic subject.

Will I be able to run 285-75-16 BFG Allterrains on my stock wheels with 1" or 1.5" wheel spacers with just a torsion twist and shackles until I can afford a body lift. Can't afford new tires,alignment ,shackles and a body lift all at once and I'm gonna need tires soon so will I b able to run this big of tires until I can get body lift?

Ight so I decided to go with the 15x8 in rims with 2.5 inch back spacing. I'm gonna wanna get some 30s eventually. My trucks leveled am I gonna have to do any trimming?

And sorry for the off topic subject.

With 30's you won't need to trim anything although 2.5" backspacing is kinda low. you can actually fit up to almost 32" tires without any lift or trimming.

Will I be able to run 285-75-16 BFG Allterrains on my stock wheels with 1" or 1.5" wheel spacers with just a torsion twist and shackles until I can afford a body lift. Can't afford new tires,alignment ,shackles and a body lift all at once and I'm gonna need tires soon so will I b able to run this big of tires until I can get body lift?

With trimming I think you can. 285/75/16's are 33" and I've seen that setup on here before. Depending on how the backspacing of the stock wheels (I can't remember off the top of my head what it is) you may want to hold off on the wheel spacers up front to lower the amount of trimming you have to do. The spacers push the tires out further but also increases the amount of tire that has to be turned back under the fenders if that makes any sense (It would if you were to put the spacers on and turn the wheels then take them off and repeat the process).

runner's right. Search Lono's threads for 33s without a body lift. Are you 2wd or 4x4? That will be your determining factor for how high you can go on the TT. The way your question was written makes me believe you've already done some research on here and know about that, though.

I wouldn't get spacers for the front at first and just see how that works out. They seem to cause more rubbing in the front than they prevent. For the rear, I'd get spacers on there with any setup just to get those sucked in wheels set out a little.

He's 4x4 so no more than 2" up front!

Double Offtrac on the rear wheel spacers. They really minimize the amount of trimming needed on the back wheel wells and the stance looks a thousand times better.

He's 4x4 so no more than 2" up front!

Hi, I'm Offtrac and I'm new to the forum. I don't read vehicle descriptions to the left of posts.:banghead:

I gotcha :D

So has anyone replaced stock leafs with Superlift ones? I just figure if mine are sagging as bad as they are, to just order 2 superlift packs from summit for $160 a piece... if they ride like junk I would def. reconsider tho!

worth a shot. but i couldnt tell ya. if i did it i would wanna do it to get rid of the risk of inclination on the spring. but if i replaced the leafs id just go ahead and get deavers imo.

Deavers are like $600 ish shipped. That's a hefty difference.

lol yeahh but you get what you pay for. ive been eyeing deavers for a while. but if i got them id wanna build a bedcage and run 14's and then it turns into a bigger snowball of spending money. so i may hold off for a while lol. but hey man itd be worth a shot. i have no information on them. i know there is one guy on here that did them and he did them so he could eliminate the inclination factor. so yes it would work. but im just stating an opinion.

Superlift springs ride hard at first but quickly get worn down and start to flatten if you "tow, haul, etc...". I looked into them when I got rearended and needed new springs. I would look at a spring shop to make you a stronger set with more arch if wanted. I talked to a shop in town about making me a set of springs with a higher arch "lift" and they said they could make a set for around $350 for the set.

Superlift springs ride hard at first but quickly get worn down and start to flatten if you "tow, haul, etc...". I looked into them when I got rearended and needed new springs. I would look at a spring shop to make you a stronger set with more arch if wanted. I talked to a shop in town about making me a set of springs with a higher arch "lift" and they said they could make a set for around $350 for the set.

Now to find a local shop that can do that :p looks like I'll be in yellow pages today!

And thanks shooter, I'll have to do more searchin'

since my ST is 4x4 am i gonna be able to twist my torsions enough to level it out once i do the add a leafs? I dont like the rake look i want it leveled out and from looking around on here i kno not to go more than 2 inches on the TT. my ST has the stock rake look and im afraid the add a leafs are gonna raise the back to much to level it out with the TT.

itll level out im sure. when i had mine, they were cranked all the way and the front sat about an inch higher but i had shackles and im a 2wd.

Fear not. It'll level out A OK

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might have a slight rake but you can just measure whatever gain you get in the rear and go the same amount in the front as it will likely be around 2" or less. If you don't like the current rake, maybe you'll get lucky and have 1.75" rear and you can do 2" in the front. I'd let the rear add-a-leaf settle for a few days before doing the front, though.

Back