01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks yall for all the help i appreciate it. hopefully ill get my bodylift and add a leafs done this weekend then maybe ill figure out how to post picks to show yall how its coming. I cant wait the only upgrades ive made in the 8 months ive had the truck is a JVC 840 indash DVD and a JL audio 8w7 with a JL 500/1 amp. Next comes tires since mine will be slicks soon.

i cranked my torsion bars to a sitting height of 2.25" and after jumping on the fender and a week of street and a full day off road it settled to 1 7/8" on left and a even 2" on right, in the rear i used procomp EXP 13120 universal shorty add-a-leafs in the rear and this put the rear an even 1.75" rise in rear and stiffened the ride to a nice level comparable to a full size truck and not so much a soft explorer suv. i dont think i have much of a rake at all now and i can tell you straight up right here right now go add-a-leaf... reason being that you will flatten out the stock leaf pack rather quick specially if you off road or tow often.

For half the price, twice the durability, none of leaf flattening and the same amount of lift, I can't imagine why people use shackles instead of add-a-leafs. I wish I had done more research when I started and not just jumped on the first suggested lift which is the shackles on this forum. The only advantage I see to the shackles is that they're easier to install.

:thumbsup: what he said. in fact it was offtrac that convinced me of leafs

woah woah woah dont be hatin on the shackle users here. lol. but yeah dont really know why i used them either.

Not hatin'. I ran them for 2 years. I'm just fully converted and spreading the religion.

i also have done both and also blocks all be it it wasn't on sport tracs before but have experience on s10, ranger, full size from 1/2 ton to 1 ton, and even foreign trucks

Just don't drink the Kool Aid if he offers you any. LOL

thanks rebel, LMAO, but you and most others have noticed me and offtrac are the add-a-leaf people here... love them and will never go any other way

Hugh, that's another one of those things you should never say to another man...

:censored::bsnicker::wavey:

I'm planning on ordering a set of aal's but need to replace my front shocks, torsion bar bolts (with longer set I've had sitting) my frontend is currently -1" from stock, and my hub bearing assemblies.

If I would've known the aal from an Ex works on an ST I would've bought those first but I did my lift back before I really started hanging around this site. Just like Hugh and others.

yeh rebel thats the actual procomp part number: EXP 13120.

do a search for that exact number and you can find them for around 35 and up. i personally got mine off amazon. as for install its easy and straight forward. jack it up stands on frame, support jack under center of axle, lower bolts on shocks, U bolts on axle, use support jack to raise the axle, grind off center pins on leaf pack, use the supplied 3/8" bolts, add the add-a-leaf between the 3 upper leafs and the thicker overload spring, tighten centering pin and reinstall in reverse

Thanks dakota.

Lono, Iv'e ran stockers, Rancho 9000XL's and now Monroe Sensatrac's but I think I might try my luck with Rancho 5000's. I'll probably buy all four so I can get a good discount.

Has anyone run the Procomp shocks? 4wheelparts has them on sale all 4 for $120

the procomp shocks are stiffer than the rancho 5000's for sure. its all preference and how you would like your rig to ride. some people prefer the stiffer ride.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my neighbor has some on his ranger. not sure what he thinks of them. it rides like a rock. he took the torsion bolts out completely though. its funny though because its a fully built motor with a supercharger and nitrous too and he hardly invested in how the truck handles.... lol. its ok the power makes up for it. :)

Back