03 xlt v8, lowered w/ BellTech springs and sways, now front is 2" higher than back.. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 xlt v8, lowered w/ BellTech springs and sways, now front is 2" higher than back..

Last friday I had the belltech springs put in, and front and rear sways. Initially it was wayyy uneven, the rear was dropped all the way and front was high, probably about a 3-4 inch difference. The mechanic said it would settle and even out after a few days, and it has gotten a little better(rear came up an inch or so, and front has dropped about an inch), but its been almost week now and its still too high up front, about an inch and a half higher front than the back. I am having the f/r camber plates put in friday, not sure that will help. Did any of you have trouble like that after getting new springs in? I am thinking the mechanic maybe did something wrong, but I don't know enough about it to be sure. I think it looks bad leaned back, and is a little bouncey up front.

Has anyone seen this? does it even out eventually, and how long does it take? Or is it something that was possible done wrong that I need to correct?

Much thanks,
Caesar

Things done:
2003 Explorer XLT 4.6, K&N intake, custom 3.5" catback exhaust, Belltech lowering springs, Belltech front and rear sways, 20" Eagle Alloy 025's, Grabber UHP 275/20/35 tires. Factory installed Ford rear wing(if thats what its called). 2200w system with custom speaker cab w/2 Eclipse 12's. HID lights. Oh, and I have some clear corners on the way.

Things I am planning to do:
Tinting front to match rear windows. Removing racks and running boards.
Removing hitch with plasma cutter, running exhaust dual out middle.
Chip and electric water pump. Paint calipers, upgrade to R1 racing slotted rotors and pads. Tailights(LED maybe if I can find something of good quality that look right). Billet grill, Aviator mirrors and a paint matched mustang hood scoop.

update: added a couple pics..

View attachment 188641

View attachment 188642
What was the RESOLUTION ???

^

caesarw72​

Joined July 5, 2007
Last seen August 30, 2007

swap a 7.3 in, itll lower it 2" ;)

Back