• Register Today It's free!

04 Expedition tpms issue

Expedition66

Reaction score
City, State
St. Peters
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Expedition EddiBauer
Hi, i have a 2004 Expedition Eddi Bauer. Tire pressure system fault message is on. Can clear but returns. Tires are equal in pressure. Sensors have been checked and are good. Down to the tpms module. Cannot find the location for that. Please help. It also causes a parasitic drain on the battery. Pull the fuse for the tpms and readings drop to normal. Anyone else had this issue? Wife only drives about once a week. I'm sure if it was daily driven probably wouldn't happen. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have the sensors ever been replaced? And how were they tested?

Have the sensors ever been replaced? And how were they tested?
Haven't been replaced in the 6 yrs I've owned. Had a tire store check them. They used a scanner at each wheel.

So you're saying the tire shop successfully trained the sensors? Without hooking up to diagnostics such as ForScan, I'm afraid I am not much help. Question though: can you get it into relearn mode yourself using the ignition switch sequence?

So you're saying the tire shop successfully trained the sensors? Without hooking up to diagnostics such as ForScan, I'm afraid I am not much help. Question though: can you get it into relearn mode yourself using the ignition switch sequence?
Not without using the magnetic method.

Back