• Register Today It's free!

05 Explorer XLT Window Issue

AFradartech813

Reaction score
City, State
Goldsboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT 4x4
I currently own a 2005 Explorer XLT. As of recently, my 2 rear windows do not work from any switches, and the front passenger window will ony work from the driver master switch. The drivers window works from its switch at the drivers position. I am assuming that I have power to the switches because they do light up green like they always have. Has anyone experienced this problem before? I will be back with the vehicle in a few weeks but wanted to ask now so i can try some suggested troubleshooting from you all. Thanks for the help in advance.

- Ethan

Bump, I have tried listening for noise in the motors while using the switches, to no luck.

Bump, I have tried listening for noise in the motors while using the switches, to no luck.

See if you have power coming from the master switch (the one in the driver door) and also at the rear windows. If you're feeling froggy open your driver door, find the door hinge wire loom, pull the loom shield out of its pocket and check for cut wires. Since the most common door you open on these is the driver door, over the years those wires get worn and rub and usually break. When you have multiple windows that are intermediate or just failed all together, that's the likely cause since all the power for those switches runs through that driver door wire loom.

See if you have power coming from the master switch (the one in the driver door) and also at the rear windows. If you're feeling froggy open your driver door, find the door hinge wire loom, pull the loom shield out of its pocket and check for cut wires. Since the most common door you open on these is the driver door, over the years those wires get worn and rub and usually break. When you have multiple windows that are intermediate or just failed all together, that's the likely cause since all the power for those switches runs through that driver door wire loom.

Thanks for the reply. Is there certain pins on the master switch that I should test with a multimeter? I figured since there's lights on all switches that I have power to all of them. I will be sure to check all of those.

Back