1991-1994 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991-1994

^^^
One of which I AM going to buy as soon as we get our car payments behind us.

We could speed that up though if someone wanted to buy a nice 2005 F-150 though! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New little interesting snipit

1991-1993 used an oil-pump shaft, where 94-01 used a camshaft position-sensor. This is located behind the lower intake on the top of the block... it looks like where a distributor would go on a carb'ed motor.

New little interesting snipit

1991-1993 used an oil-pump shaft, where 94-01 used a camshaft position-sensor. This is located behind the lower intake on the top of the block... it looks like where a distributor would go on a carb'ed motor.

yes creager, i love my explorer for that reason too! :confused:

haha i just took mine apart, so the knowledge was fresh.

I know its a thread from the dead thing, but 1994 don't have cam sensors either (and that's a good thing ):p:

I love my first gen. looks much better than a newer model. 160,000 miles and still going strong.

5 year old thread! yay! first gens are the best!

1st gen exp, timeless styling. Quiz somebody for what year it is, chances are they will guess 2000-2005. It's old school, particularly with the manual hubs. This is very much a vehicle, if you take care of it, it will take care of you. I often refer to mine as being happy. It just doesn't care what's going on, it starts in sub-zero as easy as anytime. Mine has a block heater, never had to use it, and we get -30's often. But, I also feed it premium synthetic oil and the super-sized oil filter. There's just no concerns with this truck, it is the best vehicle I have owned in 50 years.

Now, we have to pause, $4.00 gas is coming and the 1st gen likes to drink. I don't care. I just love this thing. I was always a shadetree mechanic, but this was my first chance to work on 4x4 drivetrains, ball joints, all kinds of new experiences. Frankly, a big part of that is the people here... the how-to's are so well done, it's just a pleasure to do the work.

Well, she's waiting on me to start the morning chores. Lord, I'd rather be in the driver's seat than any place else. Y'all have a great day.

Wow i remember this thread when i first started here , i love my navajo , dont think i will get rid of it unless i have to , Getting complements from people are the best part !! LLFG !!
Long Live First Gens

What fun re-reading this old thread! When I first posted to this thread my '92 had 180,000 miles on it. Today it has 240,000+.

Interesting to see how some of the prophecies expressed in this thread regarding future Explorers have been fulfilled, or not. Hey, gas is headed for $4 per gallon for the second time.

I love the old girl even though she gets cranky sometimes and I'm fighting a losing battle against rust. She's done public service, everything from hurricane Irene, to bike tours, to delivering Thanksgiving dinners for the poor. I've slept in the back a couple of times. She's brought me home through snow and flooded streets. When times were bad at the workplace, she was my lunchtime refuge, where I could retreat to listen to music and eat my lunch in peace.

I like my Explorer so much that I bought a new Focus (2010 SES) to use as a
daily driver, partly to prolong the life of the Explorer.

So true, they just don't make 'em like that anymore. How could the new Ex, built on the Taurus platform, compare with the 1st Gen , with it's Dana 35, TTB, BW transfer case, and Ford 8.7 rear?

Long live 1st Gens!:thumbsup::usa::navajo:

Bob

Back