Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
Got your attention I hope.

Let's see how many people would like Ford to produce an Explorer Sport FX4 in 2003. Let's assume that Ford is going to continue the Explorer Sport with a solid rear axle instead of the IRS on the 4-door 2002s.

The FX4 package would include a manual transfer case, manual hubs, manual transmission option, limited slip differential, and the largest tires they could fit.

Is this something you would be interested in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah. Build it Ford. (I Know that some people from Ford read this board). Could it come with some sort of stock lift like some dodge ram 4x4s do.:bounce::bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

As we have always said, keep it simple and take it back to the basics. Sure, the plush inside is nice, but I don't want to leave the plush to lay in the dirt and fix something. Also the ability for easier upgrades is nice as well.

YES!!!

and no carpet, there is no need for this stuff.

Well I love the idea still but ive been thinking and have come to believe that Ford won't even consider it until the press stops griping about explorers going from :redexp: to :roll:

Originally posted by ok89
Well I love the idea still but ive been thinking and have come to believe that Ford won't even consider it until the press stops griping about explorers going from :redexp: to :roll:

You are probably right and its a damn shame. :frustrate

Originally posted by ok89

That's a cop out. Nissan uses their enthusiasts website as an example of what you can do with an Xterra. Dodge does the same with the Dodge Ram enthusiast site.

Ford has had the opportunity to use our website to show how off-road worthy the Explorers are and they choose not to. In my opinion if Ford made this site known to the public at large people would see that these Explorers don't flip over easily at all. My goodness, look what we do with these things every weekend and how few people have put there Explorer on their side. In the cases where they have went over, look at the circumstances, racing down a dirt road and running off the road, sliding sideways at 40mph (on purpose) and hitting a buried concrete block, etc... It takes a lot to flip a lifted Explorer let alone a stocker.

17" wheels please :D

that'd be a awesome idea! that thing would be a really good seller i bet, if its anything likethat ranger fx4 it will appease me

Originally posted by rockymntnhi
17" wheels please :D

17" wheels on an off-road vehicle? For what purpose?

Much as I think we'd all like to see a vehicle from Ford that really does deserve to be called "Bronco" it will never happen the way Ford's going right now. I don't get it! It doesn't make any sense. Look at the following that Jeep has! It's absurd. They've got an image. The Bronco name has an image too. Why Ford doesn't produce something that fits that image is beyond me. It's ridiculous. They could produce a damn fine Bronco with almost all the parts coming from vehicles in production! Why won't they? It's just ... I don't get it.:frustrate :fire: :mad:

I read a somewhere that Ford may rebadge the Sport as a Bronco. Anyone else hear this?

Ron - I read that somewhere too - can you point me to the article again? I read that it would share the IFS/IRS chassis with the four-door, but have a two-door body and be called "Bronco"... Just doesn't cut it for me... :mattmoon:

I'm pretty sure it was in BlueOvalNews. They changed the site around and I can't find "vehicle news" anymore.

That's where I thought I saw it too... Haven't been able to find it again though... :bounce: (doesn't really fit, but the bouncy dude is cool)

WHYWHYWHY, Because they look GOOD !

The F-150 FX4 comes with em' , why not an X with em' ? They look good and all the tire manufactures are making offroad tires in that size so why not ? :mattmoon: :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

17" rims we're talking about an off-road package here not a street fighter...

There have been photos of the Bronco prototype here. Ford brought it around on their No Boundries tour. Can anyone find the posts with that? I foudn one, but the photos were on Photopoint and they're gone now.

Back