2011 Ex runs as NASCAR pace vehicle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ex runs as NASCAR pace vehicle

sabasigh

Reaction score
City, State
STL Metro East, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT 4x4
http://www.fordracing.com/news/detail/?article=38706

3 NEW FORD VEHICLES SET TO PACE FCW FIELDS
11/15/2010
PAGE 2 OF 4

ABOUT THE 2011 FORD EXPLORER
The all-new Ford Explorer delivers a bold new design—yet is instantly recognizable as an Explorer and a Ford—and raises the bar on customers’ expectations for a modern, capable, fuel-efficient SUV with unsurpassed aerodynamics

“When we made our annual trip to Ford World Headquarters in June, we got to see the new Explorer before it was unveiled to the public and I think it’s spectacular,” said NASCAR driver Carl Edwards, one of three Ford drivers who qualified for the NASCAR Chase for the Championship playoffs. “I think the race fans are going to love seeing it up close at Ford Championship Weekend and it’s just another reason of why I’m so proud to represent Ford.”

The Explorer 3.5-liter TiVCT V6 is offered as standard equipment across base, XLT and Limited models. It delivers an anticipated improvement in fuel economy of more than 20 percent versus the current Explorer, with an estimated 290 horsepower and 255 lb.-ft. of torque.

This V6 engine has been highly developed for the Explorer application, with multiple actions that enhance mechanical efficiency, increase fuel economy, lower emissions, reduce operating costs and bolster durability. The 3.5-liter TiVCT V6 also features improved deceleration fuel shutoff technology to maximize fuel economy in closed-throttle situations.

The Explorer 3.5-liter V6 delivers best-in-class fuel economy yet offers power to tow up to 5,000 pounds when properly equipped.

DBPhoto.asp

Not fond of the color scheme and it looks like they spent 3 minutes on designing the graphics for it... :thumbdwn:

Not fond of the color scheme and it looks like they spent 3 minutes on designing the graphics for it... :thumbdwn:

Seriously! WTF... They didn't even come up with a design that flows well with the lines / curves of the Ex! :mad::thumbdwn:

Back