• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sales Figures

JohnnyDop

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited AWD
Explorer sales in September totaled 11,336, up 204 percent versus a year ago.

Through September, Explorer sales totaled 96,957, representing a 126 percent increase versus 2010.

The 2012 Explorer has an EPA-estimated highway fuel economy rating of 28 mpg when equipped with the new 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine. Explorer on the highway now beats Honda Pilot and Jeep Grand Cherokee by 5 mpg, Chevrolet Traverse by 4 mpg and Toyota Highlander by 3 mpg.

Sept 2010: 3,734
Sept 2011: 11,336

2011 Total: 96,957
2010 Total: 42,835

Nice work all helping Ford regain its leadership in the SUV market :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's the link:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ford-Motor-Companys-September-prnews-1918048281.html?x=0&.v=1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Explorer sales in September totaled 11,336, up 204 percent versus a year ago.

Through September, Explorer sales totaled 96,957, representing a 126 percent increase versus 2010.

The 2012 Explorer has an EPA-estimated highway fuel economy rating of 28 mpg when equipped with the new 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine. Explorer on the highway now beats Honda Pilot and Jeep Grand Cherokee by 5 mpg, Chevrolet Traverse by 4 mpg and Toyota Highlander by 3 mpg.

Sept 2010: 3,734
Sept 2011: 11,336

2011 Total: 96,957
2010 Total: 42,835

Nice work all helping Ford regain its leadership in the SUV market :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's the link:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ford-Motor-Companys-September-prnews-1918048281.html?x=0&.v=1

Wish this was reflected in my Ford stock!

Wish this was reflected in my Ford stock!

Its only down because of the market in general. Once the mkt turns around (if it ever does) it should pop.

It was up 4% today on the UAW deal.

It's well more than 5x what I bought it at in 2008, so I'm liking it so far... :)

Seems lots of people are likely the new Ford Explorer...

In September, Ford Explorer sales totaled 11,336 units, up 204% from last year. For the first nine months of 2011, Explorer sales are up 126% to 96,957.

Ford, the country's leading maker of utility vehicles, said total utility vehicle sales rose 30% in September to 48,798, paced by the Explorer. Sales of the Escape, the country's best-selling utility vehicle, rose 41% to 20,225.

The 2012 Explorer, which gets 28 miles per gallon with a 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, is now available. "Utility customers are looking for a balance of functionality and fuel efficiency," said Ken Czubay, vice president for U.S. marketing, sales and service, on the company's September sales call.

In September, Ford Explorer sales totaled 11,336 units, up 204% from last year. For the first nine months of 2011, Explorer sales are up 126% to 96,957.

That's an impressive number!:thumbsup:

"Utility customers are looking for a balance of functionality and fuel efficiency...

...without sacrificing performance". That's why I don't think Ford is going to hit a homerun with the I-4 EcoBoost.:thumbdwn:

In September, Ford Explorer sales totaled 11,336 units, up 204% from last year.

That's an impressive number!:thumbsup:

Not really. The 2011 Explorers were not yet being sold (delivered) in September 2010. Most buyers in the fall of last year were waiting for the new Explorer, and most dearlerships have very few '10's to sell.

Let's see the January 2011 vs the January 2012 sales comparison, and so on and so on, for example.

I don't suppose anybody has sales figures broken down by color? It would be interesting to see which are the biggest/least sellers by color.

Not really. The 2011 Explorers were not yet being sold (delivered) in September 2010. Most buyers in the fall of last year were waiting for the new Explorer, and most dearlerships have very few '10's to sell.

Let's see the January 2011 vs the January 2012 sales comparison, and so on and so on, for example.

I agree, 2011 versus 2010 figures are not comparable. What does give a great indication is that Explorer has surpassed Edge in year to date sales, and is only slightly behind Edge in September.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/10/us-best-selling-suv-september-2011.html

I don't suppose anybody has sales figures broken down by color? It would be interesting to see which are the biggest/least sellers by color.

From seeing EXs on lots and on the road, I would say that white is by far the most popular color. Next would be the darker gray.

From seeing EXs on lots and on the road, I would say that white is by far the most popular color. Next would be the darker gray.

I would have to say black or tan. Almost every Sheriffs Dept in the country have several Explorers that bear one of those 2 colors. This is also true in the Federal level. Law Enforcement LOVE the explorer :D

Oct Sales Figures

Ford Brand Utilities: Up 38 Percent

Ford is the country’s best-selling utility vehicle brand. Utility vehicles sales totaled 45,877 in October, up 38 percent. Year-to-date, Ford utility vehicles total 471,787, up 31 percent.

Explorer is leading the way, with sales up 225 percent versus a year ago and 11,987 vehicles sold. Year-to-date Explorer sales are up 134 percent, with 108,994 vehicles sold. Explorer retail sales have tripled in every market area of the U.S.

Oct 2010: 3,734
Oct 2011: 11,987

2010 YTD: 46,527
2011 YTD: 108,994

FORD STILL TOPS IN CANADIAN MARKET

GM claimed the top sales spot for the first time since January, but Ford of Canada remains in the top sales spot, year to date.
The F-150 EcoBoost has been a top seller but sales have been affected by a shortage of these trucks. Dealers report they are being sold as soon as they arrive on the lot.

FORD STILL TOPS IN CANADIAN MARKET

GM claimed the top sales spot for the first time since January, but Ford of Canada remains in the top sales spot, year to date.
The F-150 EcoBoost has been a top seller but sales have been affected by a shortage of these trucks. Dealers report they are being sold as soon as they arrive on the lot.

Ford's market share in October took quite a tumble in Canada.

Ford's market share in October took quite a tumble in Canada.
Down 2.4% compared to same period last year.

I, 53 years young, have not owned or driven an American car company since I was a teenager. Oh sure I have owned 20 plus years of saabs, a half dozen years of VW and another handfull of years with Honda. Most recently I kept my eyes wide open when deciding on an american auto. Ford explorer caught my eye and thef act they didn't take the buy out influenced my decision, instead got their **** together & responded like any smart company would do.

I bought the explorer XLT 2 weeks ago and have told my friends and customers that I made a smart decision over another honda or toyota. They (ford) earned my attention and $$. I would never consider Chrysler (fiat) under any conditions, the same with GM for much the same reason. The latter doesn't have their act together yet in MHO. Who was the rocket scientist that thought a $41K electric car (volt) was a good idea for the masses in this economy? I wonder if he still has a job. The only foriegn brand I would have considered is Hyundai- they certainly have engineering and design working for them & quality too.

I'm sure the 2012 Explorer sales are the result of 2nd year "new" model hold out. If the numbers are correct, kuddos to Ford for pulling off another decent sales figure. Judging by the up and coming vehicles, sales should remain strong.

Last October the newly designed 2011 were not on sale yet, only the older design....so take that into consideration. Lots of people were waiting on the 2011 model. Should be getting good sales numbers for a while now that the newly designed model is out vs the older model.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup:

It is about time.

Back