Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Nicee! :thumbsup: 4WD??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nicee! :thumbsup: 4WD??

Yes sir! well damn i didnt realize I posted in the lifted tracs..........:p: well im committed now, Dont wana leave you guys hanging. Ill start off with a shackle and torsion. Ill probably wait till tax return and get myself a superlift! That little climb today has me hooked now!

Haha wow, jumping straight into a superlift, I like it.. ready to see how shes gonna turn out! :thumbsup: Good luck!

Noo !! Don't waste your money on the Superlift, just spend alittle more and do a Solid Axle Swap and Spring Over Conversion.

Ask Chad how he feels about Superlift and changing parts nonstop, just a heads up.

alright guys, i wanted to keep my promise on the coilover pics, here ya go! still some odds and ends, limit straps, lift more, alignment, and charging the shocks and yada yada yada. but the hardest part is done!

fromfrontaftercoilovers.jpg

coilovermockup.jpg

buildpic4.jpg

buildpic3.jpg

buildpic2.jpg

buildpic1.jpg

aftercoiloveradjustment2.jpg

aftercoiloveradjustment1.jpg

passengersidemockup.jpg

Lookin great shooter. Seen mine? haha :thumbsup:
Call me crazy (or stalker-ish), but either all the neighborhoods and houses look exactly alike up there (which they probably do) or are you in that neighborhood right off of harbison?

ahhh close lol. i was gonna say that would be crazy if i had driven around that neighborhood so many times and not seen your beast in the driveway :D haha i actually snapped a picture of yours that day at the movie theater :cool:

Good job on the coilovers Shooter. Good luck with them, did you talk with Chad about tips on them? He went through countless hubs, balljoints, etc.... But he also had a 4" Superlift on his to with the SOA. That's why he finally made the change to SAS. I plan on doing the SAS, SOA as well because I really hate the weaknesses and limitations of IFS.

Im thinking about getting uppers from brandon at btf fab soon. Im gonna see if he has lowers. Btw im already subscribing to your build thread for your sas lol.

LOL. Damn it must be good, I haven't even started it yet. i'll let you know when I do though. You'll wanna get longer sway bar endlinks too and get rid of those stockers.

Yeah I saw someone who had the energy suspension bushings as well. Im thinking about getting longer links. Should I get the superlift ones or is there a different set I can get?

Depends on how much lift your'e doing.

Im at about 2.75" - 3"of on the passenger side and 2.25" on driver side. Id like to get both sides at 3.5" or if im lucky maybe 4" but I highly doubt I can get that due to my uppers.

Man, I hope you have money to replace parts pretty often if you go that high.

After I taked with Chad and read through his build threads I chose to stay away from Coilovers and just save money for my SAS, SOA.

With a 4wd you really don't wanna go over 2" lift on the front. Just saying.

Im 2wd which is good. Plus the uppers from btf are tubular and have a uniball joint. Im going to see if he has lowers.

Oh, my bad. I forgot you had 2wd. Still kinda pushing it going over 3" but you should be ok as long as you don't beat the hell out of it.

It would be nice if us 4wd's could go higher then 2" without worry of loosen our bank accounts every couple months.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back