• Register Today It's free!

22inch rims

IrishSwede

Reaction score
City, State
Stockholm
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 4.0 V6 BLACK EDITION
Greetings from Sweden, Where the girls are hot but the weathers not!
I Got a 1999 4.0 V6 `black edition` Explorer on stock 16inch rims,

Can anybody tell me quickly do 22x9 or 9.5inch rims fit well without rubbing or suspension lifting required?? and what would be the best tyre combo 265/40, 265/35, or 275/ ?? ??
I saw a set of STATUS kingpin 22´´ spacing 5x4.5, 114.3(euro) look like they fit, should they come with their own Bolts, and centring Rings to sit on the Hub?

Please reply quickly, as this is my first posting ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

Thanks people,

Thanks for the welcome, fixed a puncture on 22ich rim at work today, **** they are big, dunno how people could put them on a regular old 1995-2001 explorer, Anybody done it and wish to share the knowledge,?? please resp.

Thanks mate,

Sweet pictures of yr EXPLR. I am feeling that `Stealthy` look, not over the top `Bling` as most seem to do, My car is all black, black body, colour coded bumpers(fenders in U.s), tinted windows, crappy 16inch stock rims so fukk that, they gotta go and get me some 22,s ,
cheers,

what is an explorer black edition?

I have 22 x 9.5s also on my '98, check the link in my signature. The offset is +15. They only occasionally rub up front at full steering lock like when i'm parking sometimes. I have 265/35/22 tires but would probably recommend the 265/40/22s just to get some extra sidewall.

Back
Top Bottom