3"Suspension, 3"body ,and 285/75s :D | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3"Suspension, 3"body ,and 285/75s :D

hey roadbully,
how much do u charge fo ryour lift spacers? and what is the max lift off of them? i was lookin to buy some 33" baja claw radials and i needed to make sure i could clear them with your spacers..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, thx man i appreciate it...
any response on whether it will clear brand new 33's?

I wouldn't suggest 33's with just the spacers, with a body lift done too yes, but not just the spacers. You'd need to do quite a bit of trimming.

Cheers

Ben

I read through the thread and saw you have 4" backspacing, -12mm offset and 8" wide on 16" rims.

Would that same setup work with your 3" spacers, 3" body lift and the stock rims, or is moving up to 16" needed?

I read through the thread and saw you have 4" backspacing, -12mm offset and 8" wide on 16" rims.

Would that same setup work with your 3" spacers, 3" body lift and the stock rims, or is moving up to 16" needed?

A couple of things, i don't sell 3" spacers, 2.5 is the largest,
and your stock rims are 16" at least, could even be 17's.
The only issue is 33" rims require at least a 7.5" wide rim I believe.
Hope that helps

Cheers

Ben

A couple of things, i don't sell 3" spacers, 2.5 is the largest,
and your stock rims are 16" at least, could even be 17's.
The only issue is 33" rims require at least a 7.5" wide rim I believe.
Hope that helps

Cheers

Ben

Haha my mistake, i read 3" so many times throughout the thread that i forgot you only do 2.5" now. I checked my rims/tires and i guess they dont list the width or im just not seeing it. Anyone here from experience know the width on the stock rims?

Im just trying to figure out my plan of action. Im probably going to order spacers from you, install those while still running stock rims and tires. Then get the PA-883 3" lift and some 33s so when thats installed i get put the 33s right on since running the stock tires with all that lift would probably preform badly and look terrible. Rims will come later on as long as the stock rims will work with 33s.

Haha my mistake, i read 3" so many times throughout the thread that i forgot you only do 2.5" now. I checked my rims/tires and i guess they dont list the width or im just not seeing it. Anyone here from experience know the width on the stock rims?

Im just trying to figure out my plan of action. Im probably going to order spacers from you, install those while still running stock rims and tires. Then get the PA-883 3" lift and some 33s so when thats installed i get put the 33s right on since running the stock tires with all that lift would probably preform badly and look terrible. Rims will come later on as long as the stock rims will work with 33s.

Sounds like a plan, Sorry I forgot to take a measurement on the stock rims when I took them off the truck, and I've already sold them several months back.
Wish I could help you with numbers for that.

Stock 16's are 7". stock 17's are 7.5". Hope that helps.

RoadBully I see you also have the v6. What kind of mileage are you getting? Also, has increasing the tire size and adding a lift put a strain on the drivetrain at all?

RoadBully I see you also have the v6. What kind of mileage are you getting? Also, has increasing the tire size and adding a lift put a strain on the drivetrain at all?

Haven't had any drivetrain issues,
Can't really give an opinion on millage, I don't pay any attention, I'd never have lifted and thrown on larger rubber if I was worried about those numbers ;)

You could try using a step bar to help hide some of the frame.

Like this? ;)

_wsb_825x618_SLIDERS+022.JPG

RB i want a set lol ASAP. i'll make a straight trade my fender flares for the side step/rock gaurds. i just gotta get my other 3 flares finished then they will be done

Fit Check

Hey guys, been some great info here and im learning the more I read. I have a 2002 White Explorer XLS 4WD and plan on using RBs spacers. I have read and read and read so im thinking of going 2.5F/2.0R or 2.25F/1.75R etc. I wont be doing any real extreme rock/mud but some open fields and creek beds. I am interested in learning more about our rim sizes. I believe my stocks (or current, bought used) are 16x7.5 with a 5x4.5 pattern, though I havent seen my rims on anyone elses and they r ugly as hell. I currently have 245/70/16s Dueller A/Ts mounted. Ive found a variation of rims I like, but want to know can I run 18" and still fit a 265/70or75/18 on them with the aforementioned lift? If is anyone doing so on 17"? Thanks a lot guys and I look forward to doing business with you RB.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very Nice-almost bought those wheels.

Back