30 mpg SAS'd explorer on ebay with rack n' pinion still | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

30 mpg SAS'd explorer on ebay with rack n' pinion still

Nick26

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Cumberland, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98' 5.0 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3.55, 39" tires and a v6 auto I bet that suckers got at least another 200K miles before it blows :)

Pics dont work for me = sucks and didnt we see this truck before?

yep this has already been posted

didnt it sell already for like 6500? It seems it is relisted... i could be wrong tho
edit: didnt make its reserve, so its a relist

It does still have the oem steering rack and pinion, look at the pics. Now for 30 mpg, LMAO. 3.55 gears and 39" = 9 mpg. My mileage dived when going to 31" tires and 3.55 gears, couldn't imagine how crappy it would be with 39".

WOW. You learn something new every day. I didn't know Ford made a Bronco II in '68:rolleyes:

Coil setup was used from a '68 Ford Bronco II

that rack and pinion sterring conversion looks 100% hillbilly fabbed. that ex scares me.

edit: upon looking at it again(my first statement was off memory) it isn't that bad, it is just weird. don't stock trucks have problems with the rack and pinion breaking? let alone the stress of a solid axle and 38" tires.

Back