31's or 32's debate..help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31's or 32's debate..help!

Arg! :fire:

A few of my friends and myself are haveing a debate over my "X" and its tire size. Can you guys help me out on this one? :(
The argument is thus;

I have an ex with a 2" BL and 32x11.5x15's.......some say awsome :thumbsup:
Others keep telling me that i was an idiot and that i should have gone with a set of 31x10.5x15's since a 32x11.5x15 actualy only gives me an extra (aprox) 1/2" of hight with a greater rollover chance. And also running a 11.5 wide tire is to wide for my "X" :mad:

i myself have no prob with my 32's and besides the extra width should help with the roll over factor :roll:

Please help me out eh

:D Maybe I should just really piss them off and go with a set of 38's (with alot of work lol) :D

i would've gone with 32's myself. actually i would've gone with a 3" body lift and tried to fit some 33's. i wouldn't worry about the little bit of extra height. odds are if u roll it, it was going over wether u had the lift or not. some people lift it a good 4" jus to put some 32's so since you only have a 2" body lift your ahead of the game cuz your sitting 2" lower than you would be. no matter how u look at it i certainly wouldn't step down a tire size.

virtual"x" said:
Arg! :fire:

A few of my friends and myself are haveing a debate over my "X" and its tire size. Can you guys help me out on this one? :(
The argument is thus;

I have an ex with a 2" BL and 32x11.5x15's.......some say awsome :thumbsup:
Others keep telling me that i was an idiot and that i should have gone with a set of 31x10.5x15's since a 32x11.5x15 actualy only gives me an extra (aprox) 1/2" of hight with a greater rollover chance. And also running a 11.5 wide tire is to wide for my "X" :mad:

i myself have no prob with my 32's and besides the extra width should help with the roll over factor :roll:

:D

I think that you have answered your own argument...

The fact that you are running the tires - love them - and are having no issues with them sort of wins, wouldn't you say?

Reality is always a stronger argument than theory...

I'll stick my 33'd Ex next to any stocker for anti-rollover ability... and I'm running loose as a goose in the suspension department...

Back