4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics) | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics)

well im not free this friday but most fridays i am free after 5 its not much time but its somethin haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

God Bless America

We will get one weekend where we are ALL able to get together no matter what.....whats everyone got planned for this weekend it gunna be f ing beautiful Tomorrow im going to the air show at jones beach that thing is always a great time those guys are siiiiiicck. anyone else gunna go the F16 alone is worth the trip over there. if your interested its on field 4 that is where you got the announcer telling you the history but you can see it from any beach google it for details..Caronas, Sun, Woman and Planes the only thing that im missing is being able to drive the EX right on the beach...well whatever you do have a happy and healthy memorial day, and id like to thank those who sacrificed for us to be able to wheel whenever we want:D...hehe:salute:

Just found this little slice of heaven forum =P and Im from Staten Island, so if any of you Jersey or LI guys plan a day trip I am definitely game. Haven't tested my Ex offroad yet, and Im just itching to see her get filthy !!

Shoes!

Hey Blaze are those your stock tires by any chance? like I just posted, I haven't been offroading much other then at the yearky DMB concert at SPAC, and Im not very confident that my stock tires would do me very much good. Any recomendations for tires that I can use to go on the casual Off road trip but still have them on there year round for my main mode of transportation? I see alot of snow where I go to school so that could also be a factor in my choice. Thanks for the help!! :D

va1kyri3, my Ex has stock tires on it and it survived Rausch Creek, this offroad park in PA. As long as they have decent tread and you remember to air down, you'll be just fine for the casual day trip.

stock tires do alright and for year round tires i say duratracs which i have or bfg a/t's are best bet

sweet, thanks for the tire info bats and explorerguy. has anyone in here ever replaced their rear leafs springs? Was it a PITA? thinking about making it my next project.

soo funny story about rausch haha good news is i bought a u joint and didnt need one bad news is im 90% sure i need a new front axel diff and all aaaaand my x-member is pretty battle scarred so prolley a new one of those too

i still say the t-case is most of your noise

well i found some fun facts 1. front diff was low on fluid and 2. t case was full of fun fluid (pics will be up shortly) =[

DSCN0218.jpg

DSCN0217.jpg

but its still not this

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

=p had to jay haha

btw just for the record i aint no mechanic but thats not what usually comes outta a t-case is it?

i was wonderin how long it would be b4 those surfaced

i think it might be my spider gears in my diff that are skippin instead of my t-case so ill prolley replace both eventually

i think it might be my spider gears in my diff that are skippin instead of my t-case so ill prolley replace both eventually

*grabs by the shoulders* you need a t-case

I'm still waiting on the local truck shop to dig up parts for me. They said they'd have something by Monday. I called yesterday and still no dice. Then they said they had a nice XJ out back that I might be interested in. :rolleyes:

i just need to meet up with spas and get that t-case and tow hoop and im good but for now trying to rid my truck of this grinding -.-'

Just put some oil on it like I did when my brakes were making grinding noises. ><

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what parts are they digging up?

Back