4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics) | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics)

yea i got plenty of pullin supplies haha used them last time 3 sets and my truck was still in water when i was pullin him

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

btw did anyone notice the puppy in my truck over the pipes? =p haha

well everyone, i dont know if this trip will happen. i was watching the news earlier and there are a few wild fires burning in and around wharton as we speak. i dont know how bad it is but they are fighting them pretty hard. keep your ears open and keep updating the post if you hear anything different.

well i just did some digging on the net and found out that the fire in Wharton has been contained and only got about 50 acres. Another near Atlantic City has been put out and the other near Wharton is still burning out of control and has already taken about 200 acres.

Holy **** wow thats crazy, damn campers keep us posted on the outcome their probably gunna be on high alert in that area now...anything else gunna keep us from wheeling, rain first now fire next week the earth is gunna open up...

yea its very sad but hopefully it gets under control

ok the fires have been completly extinguished and they have charged and released a local with arson because he and some friends had a fire on friday, "put it out" then left the area. total loss of 500 acres!

i just found out guys that i may have to work this weekend!

thats great and sucks at same time cuz saturday is supposed to be great weather too so i wanna get everyone involved and have a great time haha i have work but not till 5 so ill milk it =p

ok so new plans i think ... we are gonna postpone it till sunday at noon because to many people are either busy or working saturday and sunday works much better and is supposed to be a lil nicer =] so a show of hands who can make it sunday at noon to wharton ranger station on rt. 206

Are any of you guys coming to Carlisle/Rausch Creek for the All Ford National run in June? I figure I'd ask since there a lot of people who haven't seen the thread..

I've been wanting to make the trip to Carisle for years! Where's the thread located?

see the humongous link in spas's signature --^

im goin!!!!!!!!!!! =p and still waiting for responses to sunday trail run anyone coming??

Im in for sunday

I havnt looked here in a while, do you think the rangers will be on high alert because of the fires this week are we gunna get fu!@#d because of the ass that lit the fire, if you guys are gunna go im down... Spas that looks like a great time I love car shows and especially if its an all blue show

Blaze, I,ve only been there one time but from the looks of all the trails and just from what I seen, there should be no prbm wit the rangers . even if there on duty on sunday. just dont build no fires or throw you cig butts out the windows and we should be fine.

Driving Advisory

Due to the ongoing wet weather experienced in southern New Jersey, the condition of the unimproved roads within Wharton State Forest has been compromised. Standing water, deep puddles, and saturated soils combine to make many roads impassable. While visiting Wharton State Forest, please use caution and common sense when driving the forest roads.

SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!

Wharton is completly legal as long as you stay on the trails! the rangers shouldnt be an issue unless your doin something you shouldnt be. if theres any question about what your doing or if its legal, DON'T DO IT! A bunch of us from the forum did a trail cleanup up there a little while ago and it made a huge impact on the rangers at wharton. Just drive with some sense and enjoy the miles and miles of trails that wharton has to offer!

lol, oh man.. Was it a red Explorer and a Green Toyota Tacoma .. lol, I ask this because i live in Yaphank, used to live in Hauppauge... Me and my friends always go there (we call it the Manorville Trails) its a great place to get muddy, since i bought my Explorer i dont really go in there because some spots can get a little too rough for my new truck thats stock....

(directions: Exit 70 LIE or Exit 71 LIE - Theres 3 entrances, 1 on Rt 51, 1 on Rt 111 and 1 off of 71 oh and one off of the LIE itself ^_^)

But yea, good ride in there, i flipped my Tacoma in those trails Hit me up if you want another place to roam free in the woods....

Also whats great:
1) Cops don't mind - i've gone past soo many cops sitting at the entrances, they just dont really care
2) Its used for hunters - you'll notice people going in, its a hunting area
3) many trails - just watch for certain marked trails you cant go on, DEC watches these!

What sucks:
I was talking to a guy who worked for the County, and their talking about shutting Toppings down (or the other street i forgot) and making into a park -.- which is why there's a gate at one of the off to-the-side trails..

im up for a sunday ride too if ya have a certain time i might be able to meet up? me and my friends know the trails very good too so if ya need help :p mayb ill get another Explorer to join, we go there like 3 times a month.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this sunday is going to be awesome perfect weather and lots of wetness = great fun so everyone come prepared and drive smart (unless your like bstars and enjoy getting your interior soaking wet haha)

Back