• Register Today It's free!

4x4 electronic module

distorted

Reaction score
City, State
owen sound ontario canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 limited
i think my modules got wet due to severe rust lol. keyless was acting wonkie, and now the 4x4 and lowrange lights are on and the truck is still in 2wd. is it the module with the big led and reset(?) button? could it be the mod? a test? thanx in advance for any help i receive

Your truck must be really rusted! Is there anything left??:D

Having the lights dimly lit is normal and i'm not sure why it happens. If they are brighly lit then you have a power short somewhere putting voltage into the LED circuts. A wet module or harness could definately cause it.

There are some module test threads on here some of which i wrote on. Seach my screen name and you should find what you need to test. The 4x4 module is the one with the red light on it and the button. The button is for the self diagnostic feature. I forget the sequence to test it, I wrote it on the forum somewhere.

If the system still works ok, I would leave it go. You probably just have the ghost lights that is common on this system.

thanx...i`ll check that out....oh ya rust is an issue up here. the lights are bright both on the dash lights and switch. module seem dry, but took it in the house just the same to dry out...thnx again

Sure thing,

Let us know what you find out.

Back