Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Single exit 70 series 2.5" tailpipe-rear cats removed

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • Single exit with 3" tailpipe-rear cats removed

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Other--please specify in post

Votes: 70 17.8%

• Total voters
Oh! And where did you get your HID's from, what brand for the 8000k? Sorry for all the rambling here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh! And where did you get your HID's from, what brand for the 8000k? Sorry for all the rambling here.

I'm one of the few here with a 5.0 that runs duals and loves it. I did eliminate the spare under the truck with the piping exiting behind the rear tires. Since I have a dual In/Out 40 series muffler that is my crossover section of the exhaust so I don't need an X/H-Pipe unless I switched to 2 smaller mufflers. I figured the spare was just extra weight anyways and most places I go around town are within cell reach of someone who can get the spare out to me. Of course on long journey's I just throw it in the back. These Wrangler Silent Armors are good tread. Anyways, Check out my channel if you want a look at how my exhaust is setup. I would honestly go with an X-Pipe dual 10 series mufflers if they didn't drone on the highway like it does on my Stang.

No kits are available for duals on an explorer, all custom. When I say out on the same side I mean like a side swept dual side pipe set up like on older F150 lightnings

No kits are available for duals on an explorer, all custom. When I say out on the same side I mean like a side swept dual side pipe set up like on older F150 lightnings

Ok, are there any custom places that sell them, someone has to I would think. See I live in a smaller town, and around in Wisconsin it's hard to find a place that sells anything like this.

I got the HIDs from DDMtuning.com out of California. I haven't had any problems with them.

Ok, are there any custom places that sell them, someone has to I would think. See I live in a smaller town, and around in Wisconsin it's hard to find a place that sells anything like this.

Only place to get it done is at a muffler shop that is willing and cabable of bending pipe to fit your custom install.

Thanks everyone for the input, and sorry for late response. Had some problems over here. Thanks again, appreciated!!!

Anyone know if they make headers for the 5.0 for a 98 explorer?? Thanks in advance!

I know it was asked earlier, but has anyone used the Flowmaster Force II catback yet? Heavily contemplating this setup. $250 for the kit with tailpipe, side swept exhaust with nice tip.

I know it was asked earlier, but has anyone used the Flowmaster Force II catback yet? Heavily contemplating this setup. $250 for the kit with tailpipe, side swept exhaust with nice tip.

They only make that for the v6 IIRC

It's a great system but If you want something loud this isn't it.

I used to have that setup. It's fairly mild but noticeable upon throttle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG6XX_kxWi4

That's pretty much the exact sound and tone I'm looking for. With having to do 270-300mi road trips every few months I don't want the overpowering sound of the 40 series, but that one has a nice burble and grunt to it.

Sorry, I didn't read through all 24 pages to see if this has already been asked, but has anyone had any trouble getting high flow primary cats to fit on the 302 engines?

I finally got my Torque Monster headers in and visited my local exhaust shop who installed my magnaflow exhause and removed my secondary cats. I asked about replacing my primaries with a pair of high flows and after the guy was on the phone for a while with Magnaflow, he told me that they weren't going to be able to do it because there is not enough room to weld the new ones in.

Has anyone else run into this? If so, are there some viable solutions?

Also, what are some other decent high flow converter brands I can look at. Perhaps something with a slip-on connection.

Thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

unless one of your front 2 cats needs to be replaced, this seems like a lot of work/time/effort for something that will show minimal gains. You'd be better off putting the money you'd spend towards a custom tune from James @ Henson Performance.

Back