Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Single exit 70 series 2.5" tailpipe-rear cats removed

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • Single exit with 3" tailpipe-rear cats removed

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Other--please specify in post

Votes: 70 17.8%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sooo, you ran duals all the way out the back then?

Yes... 2.5" to clear everything without a major PITA instead of trying to fit 3" even tho I don't have a spare or anything:

P20771706.jpg

P20771505.jpg

Ok cool. Thanks for the pictures. I like how you ran them out the same side but I'm going to be hard headed and stay with my original plan ;)

Ok cool. Thanks for the pictures. I like how you ran them out the same side but I'm going to be hard headed and stay with my original plan ;)

No problem!

I think the exhaust guy did a decent job but there are some funky indents and **** on the pipes but oh well... only paid $170 for everything so can't complain too much I suppose, lol.

I wanted to exit before rear tires but running boards in the way and don't want to remove them lol.

I love the pipes on that SVT Focus, I saw those before in your thread. The SS pipes and smooth bends are great.

For trucks with almost stock power the single muffler plan is good and doesn't give up much power.

If dumps will be used for occasional use, I'd suggest working hard to minimize restrictions past the dumps. The engine will need two different computer tunes if the exhaust restriction is much different with the dumps. I doubt many people would like to change tunes every time you want to really take advantage of the dumps.

If you minimize the restrictions past the dumps, the difference in A/F ratio will be far less, and you might do fine with one tune or only change them on special occasions.

Pick the biggest muffler(of a type(Magnaflow etc)) to reduce sound, that seems like the ticket for a truck with the dumps to open the exhaust sometimes.

There isn't room for a tail pipe on the left of pre-2002 Explorers unless you work on moving three existing parts. The brake line is hung right where a tail pipe would ideally go, so the bracket there would need to be modified to move the brake line aside. The vent hose and charcoal canister line are easier to move.

Im very happy for now with our new true dual exhaust, (glasspacks) but wondering if it will be too loud once i remove the rear two cats. Im currently rockin all 4 catswith 71k on the clock. I put stainless band clamps in so I can figure out what I like best for different mufflers. I almost went with old school alum. chambered turbo tubes, but decided to try this first

....dam...my fail..I need to use an outside source to load pics...:mad:
brb
dam...why can we not have an uploadable pic???photobucket is a PITA!

Im very happy for now with our new true dual exhaust, (glasspacks) but wondering if it will be too loud once i remove the rear two cats. Im currently rockin all 4 catswith 71k on the clock. I put stainless band clamps in so I can figure out what I like best for different mufflers. I almost went with old school alum. chambered turbo tubes, but decided to try this first

....dam...my fail..I need to use an outside source to load pics...:mad:
brb
dam...why can we not have an uploadable pic???photobucket is a PITA!

I recommend google picasa... very easy to link pics :D

I love the pipes on that SVT Focus, I saw those before in your thread. The SS pipes and smooth bends are great.

For trucks with almost stock power the single muffler plan is good and doesn't give up much power.

Yeah.. I went with 3" for the turbo tho ATM it's NA.. but with the Focus they have setups you can buy, versus having to go custom, which is what I did... Trubendz SS cat-back exhaust, with a jay racing 3" SS ORP (replaces cat), and jay racing 3" flex pipe to replace the stock 2.25" (or less) flex pipe... Turned out nice, tho, pricey as hell for all the pieces together lol... Thankfully the SVTf comes with pretty much the best header you can put on the car stock.

Are there any aftermarket bolt on catbacks that will fit my 99 mounty 5.0 AWD?

Thanks in advance.

I havent had much luck getting a confirmed yes or no. I am debating just cutting off the back resonator. thoughts

Are there any aftermarket bolt on catbacks that will fit my 99 mounty 5.0 AWD?

Thanks in advance.

I havent had much luck getting a confirmed yes or no. I am debating just cutting off the back resonator. thoughts

MAC use to make a system. They still might but I can't say one way or the other. I'm almost positive Gibson does too.

may have read over it, anyone got the rear cat out and straight piped from there? thinking of doing this myself, would love to hear a sound!

may have read over it, anyone got the rear cat out and straight piped from there? thinking of doing this myself, would love to hear a sound!

not sure, but I believe I have heard it on youtube. I plan on removing rear cats soon with my dual glasspack set-up and see if its too obnoxious or not...I will be doing a before and after as well video.

my last ex had cats and straight piped with 4 inch tips 45'd out and i got many complements, miss the sound myself but still wanted it a little louder.

Yes... 2.5" to clear everything without a major PITA instead of trying to fit 3" even tho I don't have a spare or anything:

P20771706.jpg

Maybe I am seeing things, or missing something, but is that just an 02 sensor hanging out back there? whats the point of it all the way back there?

Yeah what's that all about? ^^^

i got a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport, thinking bout doing a v6 swap for a stang 5.0..whats yall thots

I temporarily ran it straight piped when I took the rear cats off. Very loud, as in deafening. Also a huge loss of torque, now I have a turbo single in/out and performance is greatly increased over straight piped. However its not loud enough, so I was thinking of the full boar dual 2.5 muffler and piping it out the side. Is dual 2.5 too big, would i be better off running dual 2.25's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I temporarily ran it straight piped when I took the rear cats off. Very loud, as in deafening. Also a huge loss of torque, now I have a turbo single in/out and performance is greatly increased over straight piped. However its not loud enough, so I was thinking of the full boar dual 2.5 muffler and piping it out the side. Is dual 2.5 too big, would i be better off running dual 2.25's?
I would use the 2.5" tubing ... I wanted to dump the exhaust in front of the rear tire but I can't because my daughter sits on the side of the ex and the fumes would come right into her window.. I am now going to mount it as it was stock but just bigger tubing ..

Back