5.0 Sport Trac Lives | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Sport Trac Lives

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very good, I wondered if you used the 96 PCM, or a 99-01 and changed the fuel rail. What did you do for the fuel lines and fuel pump/regulator?

Are you close to I-40 and Magnolia at all? Quicko Muffler is a 1/2 mile from the interstate there, the Rutledge Pike exit. They are good at most any exhaust work, not cheap but reasonable. They are fairly fast and will do almost anything.

i'll have to call up my friend in michigan to see if he has that V8 or not. I call him later on I think he is at work right now but i'll call him today.

Very good, I wondered if you used the 96 PCM, or a 99-01 and changed the fuel rail. What did you do for the fuel lines and fuel pump/regulator?

Are you close to I-40 and Magnolia at all? Quicko Muffler is a 1/2 mile from the interstate there, the Rutledge Pike exit. They are good at most any exhaust work, not cheap but reasonable. They are fairly fast and will do almost anything.

I used a new '96 fuel pump (just put one in the '96, so I had it) and used the fuel lines out of the '96. I had to extend both lines in the center, but if you do it in the right place, the bends are all where they need to be on both sides. I thought it would be easier to do that than mess with PATS and other EEC changes that would happen with the newer EEC.

I actually live in Maryville now.

I had some muffler good work done years ago at the muffler shop just west of west towne mall on Kingston Pike. I also had some done on my Lightning that I had at Meineke in west Knoxville and it sucked!!! I hear that Hilltop in Oak Ridge is one of the best around.

Very good, you went the route which may be simpler and it worked. I might have wanted the PATS, but that may or may not have been easier.

I had some muffler good work done years ago at the muffler shop just west of west towne mall on Kingston Pike. I also had some done on my Lightning that I had at Meineke in west Knoxville and it sucked!!! I hear that Hilltop in Oak Ridge is one of the best around.

Hilltop was the place in the 70's, I got my first exhaust there. Are they still in business, I hadn't heard anything about them in a long time? The place you mentioned on Kingston Pike is where I had my Lincoln exhaust done, I wanted to try someplace different than Quicko. There was a Godfather's next to it back then, I miss that pizza.

i called my friend in michigan he said he doesnt have the 99 5.0 engine from his eddie baurer anymore he sold it to someone else. So i guess i am not doin an engine swap.

horsepower//torque????

No hp/tq numbers yet. Once I have everything settled in and know the truck, I will decide on mods. I was looking at Kenne Bell. Man...they have gone up in price. I should have kept mine from my '95 Mustang. I guess I could try a Powerdyne. I actually really liked my '95 when I put on the Edelbrock heads. Not sure how much of a difference that would make from GT40 heads, but it makes a world of difference in a 5.0 HO with e7 heads.

i called my friend in michigan he said he doesnt have the 99 5.0 engine from his eddie baurer anymore he sold it to someone else. So i guess i am not doin an engine swap.

I have family and friends up there...you want me to see if they have one for you?? :D

The 96 engine does give you more choices for heads, not having the EGR pipe and GT40P manifolds. Avoid Edelbrock heads, the quality is great but the performance is less than other heads.

The 96 engine does give you more choices for heads, not having the EGR pipe and GT40P manifolds. Avoid Edelbrock heads, the quality is great but the performance is less than other heads.

Hmmm...I had the 6037s on my '95 and really liked them. I never dyno'd with just the heads as I replaced them AFTER I put on the Kenne Bell. Got a good deal on them and they never gave me a problem.

93 4by ranger

i have acess to a 5.0 stang motor what all do i need todo to hook up my 4x4 and mount the engine or is it a huge job?:rangergreen:

I had those heads also in my first LSC, from a friend who had them in his 95 Mustang. Edelbrock was one of the first to make heads besides Ford for the 302's, but those which followed do better on the track. Unfortunately Edelbrock heads are a step behind almost all others in real world comparisons. The real pros don't choose them, they select TFS high ports, Canfields, AFR heads, or a few others including the newest Ford copy of the high ports. Take a great deal if it comes along, but don't go out of the way for an Edelbrock head. I wish it wasn't so, but I trust the results of the professional examples that I have been seeing. Regards,

ttbit where in michigan u got family at. I have some friends that live in michigan like battle creek and lansing and holland and macoumb county and dearborn

ttbit where in michigan u got family at. I have some friends that live in michigan like battle creek and lansing and holland and macoumb county and dearborn

My wife is from Dearborn and I have family and friends in Macomb county...Utica/Shelby area.

i have acess to a 5.0 stang motor what all do i need todo to hook up my 4x4 and mount the engine or is it a huge job?:rangergreen:

Little parts can eat you alive. The 302 might be the easiest of those parts to find. It really depends on what you want to do. I am glad I had a full vehicle to strip, but this is the first time I have done it this way. I saved a lot of money in parts and sold some to get money back. My first two Ranger swaps were with Mustang 5.0s where I pieced everything together from junk yards. That can be a long process, but I enjoyed it.

Job size is relative too. It depends on your experience and what tools you own. I could swear I have read where someone said this swap with an Explorer v8 should be a weekend job. I could do it much faster now, but I don't think I could do it in a weekend, or a week.

Hopefully I will be able to throw up a web site that will show a little bit of what was involved with my swap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ttbit

u should do a clip of the exhaust

Back