5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

How's it going guys! I'm new to this forum looking to get some good insights from everyone. Here's a pic of my 2018 explorer that I've done a few mods to
View attachment 340439View attachment 340440View attachment 340441
Wow, that looks great. I like what you did with the tinting on all the light, especially the headlights and the tail lights. I like the tail light tint that just covers the white area. Where did you get all of these tints? Were they precut or did you have to make them yourself. I did a lot of searching on the internet and cannot find those cut like that. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's my 2014 Explorer Sport. 100% stock. Still debating on what to do to it...
20210919_191305_hdr-jpg.jpg

Here's my 2014 Explorer Sport. 100% stock. Still debating on what to do to it...
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Drive and enjoy it !!

Peter

Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Rare sighting! The top 2 World-Record holding 5th Gen Ford Explorers together in one place!

Was great hanging with the homie, Forrest Folmsbee.

20211022_231151.jpg

Wow, that looks great. I like what you did with the tinting on all the light, especially the headlights and the tail lights. I like the tail light tint that just covers the white area. Where did you get all of these tints? Were they precut or did you have to make them yourself. I did a lot of searching on the internet and cannot find those cut like that. Thanks.

Thank you!

the taillight tint was a precut and i believe i got it off ebay LOL

the headlights i did the cut myself with a light smoke vinyl

I bought mine last week. 2016 Explorer Limited 4WD in Blue Jeans metallic, has every factory option except adaptive cruise control.

qoU3O8W.jpg

Welcome to the Forum Brian. :wave:
What is the mileage on it? Looks very nice.

Peter

I ordered both the red plastic inserts, and the vinyl decal versions, but decided to use the plastic insert version, mainly because it seemed to be a little easier to do a peel-and-stick method for these complicated letter shapes. Installation was pretty easy.
Hey there, I know this post is 2 years old, but the black on your tailgate...did that come with the ride or was that a mod you made?

Welcome to the Forum Brian. :wave:
What is the mileage on it? Looks very nice.

Peter

High mileage for the year, but it was a well maintained one-owner creampuff with tons of features. After researching this platform thoroughl, I negotiated a good deal on this one and got an extended warranty to cover it until it’s past 200k. That coverage has already paid to replace my entire A/C system and the water pump, gonna be picking it up from the shop later this week in fact. 😎 PTU is fine and just recently got fresh fluid along with changing the engine oil, coolant, transmission and RDU fluids.

The pic used by CarMax vs. what I've done since purchasing. More changes to come.
Then vs Now.jpg

Does the added front bumper not interfere with the Adaptive Cruise Control or Forward Collision Warning system? It appears to be mounted directly in front of that radar system.

Peter

Does the added front bumper not interfere with the Adaptive Cruise Control or Forward Collision Warning system? It appears to be mounted directly in front of that radar system.

Peter
Fortunately it has no effect on the adaptive cruise control, but I do have to turn off the forward collision warning every time I start the engine. I will be having more electronics installed, so at that point I'll look into having that permanently disconnected.

Looks fantastic! How intense is the install of the brush guard?
Thanks! I got really lucky on the install. This particular push bumper lined up pretty much perfectly with the cutouts in the Sport grill. It's such a good fit that it looks custom.

PB01.jpg PB02.jpg PB03.jpg PB04.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back