5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which roof rails did you install? Your post is dated 2016, but vehicle data says 2018 XLT. Maybe pic is of previous vehicle?!?
In checking his past posts I found one of his previous 2014 PIU. He got a 2018 XLT in December 2017.

Peter

What's up fellow 5th Generationers. Here's a picture of my 2017 Ford Explorer Base 4x4, 2.3l Turbo Ecoboost Engine. I have upgraded from Sync 1 to Sync 3.4 recently as well as 20" Centerlines with National Commando 255/50/20 All-Season tires. My future projects include installing a Gibson, axle-back system and a K&N Cold-air Induction System.

What's up fellow 5th Generationers. Here's a picture of my 2017 Ford Explorer Base 4x4, 2.3l Turbo Ecoboost Engine. I have upgraded from Sync 1 to Sync 3.4 recently as well as 20" Centerlines with National Commando 255/50/20 All-Season tires. My future projects include installing a Gibson, axle-back system and a K&N Cold-air Induction System.
Picture? What picture? :dunno:

Peter

How's it going guys! I'm new to this forum looking to get some good insights from everyone. Here's a pic of my 2018 explorer that I've done a few mods to
au3U.&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=20210705003.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

@BURTSBEEZ it's hard to make the recent generations look rugged and tough...I have to say you have flipped my opinion on that on its head!

Looks great. Tastefully done. Great color as well.

@BURTSBEEZ it's hard to make the recent generations look rugged and tough...I have to say you have flipped my opinion on that on its head!

Looks great. Tastefully done. Great color as well.

Thank you sir for the kind words!

I actually played a few times with the wheel/tire setup...but im very happy with this current fitment now, no need to lift or lower it

Out for early morning fishing..
20210821_064924.jpg

This is a '15 Limited - 3.5L naturally aspirated (NA). I really don't have a name for her but she's a beauty to me. Waiting for the engine and trans to die so I can get some more power underneath the hood.

Mods:

Suspension:
Truxx strut spacers 2.5" (front only)
Wheels/Tires: 22" Verde axis wheels, 285/40/R22

Interior:
Tint - Ceramic all around w/ windshield clear ceramic windshield treatment (highly recommend)
Sound/Entertainment - (1) 12" JBL sub w/ improved woofer box & upgraded DB-drive door speakers; upgraded from Sync MFT (2.0) non-NAV to Sync 3 w/ NAV
Husky interior floor mats (great for my job and with kiddos)

Engine: nothing big just a K&N cold air intake and a 93-octane tune from Unleashed

Exterior:
Satin-matte paint job
Sport model grille
Blacked-out emblems from eBay
Door handles are covers from either eBay or CARiD-cannot remember
Brake caliper covers w/ 'Explorer' embedded in the metal cover - from CARiD
Headlights: HIDs; Foglights: Yellow LEDs; Turn Signals: Switchback LEDs w/ an adapter to prevent hyper-flash
Headlight housing chrome delete
Smoked rear tailights

Current issues as with all Explorer owners for this gen:
Door armrest stitching separation (needs sewing job) - will fix personally (Youtube for reference)
Leather separation between upper leather on door panel near window (passenger side) - already fixed by local shop
Many check engine lights - fixed by running a purchased SCTx4 scan-tool/tune-loader and "googling" the fix action

Engine has 127K+ miles and isn't showing signs of the dreaded water pump failure but I am anticipating this so I can swap for a stronger engine/trans.

20210826_005518.jpg
20210826_005722.jpg
20210826_005740.jpg
20210826_005833.jpg
20210826_005855.jpg
20210826_005914.jpg
20210826_005959.jpg

Where did you get that hood or who makes it? Very nice.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It's the first one I've seen like that. Must have been custom made.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back