Air Bag LFC 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air Bag LFC 33

MSM0075

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 EB
For awhile now I've had an Air Bag Light Flashing Code 33 on my 2002 Mountaineer. I've tried leaving the battery off over night to hopefully clear it, with no luck.

Before I go to the stealership and get raped, Is there anything else I could try??

I tried searching with no luck on the 2002+ models.

I don't want to 'rig' anything up to get the light off. I want to make sure everything is legit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I forgot to mention the LFC is constant.

I've read that It could be the drivers seat pretensioner, and I've also read it could be the passengers side resistance is high.

I did check underneeth the drivers seat. Disconnected the battery for at least 20 minutes, Disconnected the wires under the seat, blew them out, used a little contact cleaner, blew out again, let sit for a minute, reconnected with no changes.

Now with me reading that it could possible be the passengers side I'm thinking that I should check under that seat. Because I also have a problem with the passengers side heated seat. Most of the time I'm able to turn it on. But once in a blue moon I'm able to turn it on, and in less than seconds of being on, it will turn itself off and I wount be able to turn it back on.......Wierd....

I just wanted to update on this thread in case anyone else has had these problems. It wasn't the yellow connector underneeth the drivers seat that was causing the light. it was the little white 2 prong connector right next to it. I gave it a little wiggle one day and the light went off. I disconnected my battery, Cleaned the connection with contact cleaner spray, blew out with compressed air, reconected. Light hasn't been on since.

Hope this helps others!

I take it back, came back on again, it seems to do it when it wants to now...I tried cleaning the connector, that worked for awhile...I don't know what else to try..

If I wiggle the two connectors under my seat before turning the car on it is usually off. sometimes it comes on randomlly when driving...Has no on else had these problems before? I really hate to take it to the stealership....

Ford has tsb 03-11-03 for pretensioner service kits. 33 is for the driver side.

Well I'm out of ideas. I got a price from ford for a new drivers side seat pre-tensioner. its around 70 bucks....I guess when I get some extra cash I'll pick it up and hopefully it fixes the warning light!

Ford has tsb 03-11-03 for pretensioner service kits. 33 is for the driver side.

That should be good to go as swetrid has mentioned. Good luck. :D

$50 + $8 for shipping ... see my post in this forum. I had a 34 (passenger side). I replaced the cable and the light hasn't come back on (holding breath)... the kit you get only has the wire that goes from the yellow connector under the seat to the catridge on the seatbelt pretesioner

Back