• Register Today It's free!

Amplifier

Paul Cordle

Reaction score
City, State
missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000. Mercury mountaineer
Is this the right place to post subwoofer amplifier help in ? For my Mercury mountaineer 2000 ? Premium radio unit , barely any sound can be heard ., Waiting on a new amp !!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes stock everything , like I said premium CD,cassette , am ,fm, .Y2LFmodle 18c8044 AA , Ford factory uesed jbl , 9inch sub woofer ?

sorry if this sounds silly, but there is a phone button on the head unit, pushing it mutes the sound. Could the phone function be turned on by chance?

did you acquire the vehicle this way, or did the stereo recently stop working? Has the wiring been messed with at all?

Not messed with , I can here some sound out of woofer but doesn't put out . You have to put you ear up to it .

Could be a few things. The subwoofer could be bad, the amp could have failed, or less likely you have a signal issue. I’d pull the subwoofer, and test on any working source. I’d also swap in any other speaker for the sub to rule it out.

Yeah man thanks 420 , tesed speaker worked good !!! In house , got a new ome amp coming 25..00 $ same as I have in mine , hope it's the answer. I
LlI' let you know !!!stay cool bro !!!

Back