• Register Today It's free!

bagged sport trac

lo xploder

Reaction score
City, State
hernando,ms
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 sport trac
i have an 02 sport trac 2wd. i would like to bag it. i was wondering if anyone has done it before? how? any pics?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hola Lo
Nice to see a bro, being S.Ts and all, this site is the best of the best but for bagged S.T.s try www.mysporttrac.com.
Tell um bad boy bill sent ya, are some good folk there

ok, so what about a static drop. 1.5/3????? front 1.5 or 2 torsion drop rear 3" block
how would ride be effected

:burnout:

not bad at all. the rear is probably already saggin so 3 inch blocks might be too much. lower the front first and see how much of a drop you get. then run to autozone and get matching blocks.

actually the rear is higher than the front, i was just wondering how it would ride with the torsions turned down???

Most people who lower their Xs say that it rides fine, no different than stock, or very close to it.

Then there are the others who raise their trucks back up after awhile, because they realize it rides like crap.

Be prepared to hear all kinds of answers to your question.

LO
Are very few tracs on this site, but heres my take on them, they do not do well with a radical drop, with mine I at first went 1.5 TT front, 1 3/8 rear, the S.T was like **** on the road, always pounding the bump stops, was just garbage.
Went back to OEM front hgt, left the EE rear drop, ST is dead leval, rides like a dream but I do have other suspension mods that are a major factor

Who cares that there aren't a lot of STs on the site? It is an Explorer with a little bed on the back instead of a cargo area. The information throughout this site on lowering 2nd Gen Explorers is going to accurate for the ST.

Robb said:
Most people who lower their Xs say that it rides fine, no different than stock, or very close to it.

Then there are the others who raise their trucks back up after awhile, because they realize it rides like crap.

Be prepared to hear all kinds of answers to your question.

Very true, Listen to people who actually lower/raise their trucks; many just like to make comments.

Haveing a bad hair day Robb?
The S.T has a radically Differant body style, if you are privy to automotive design concepts, you would be able to realize that a change in suspension geometry between a trac, and a non trac, would have an entirly diff look, Have a nice day:)

aldive said:
Very true, Listen to people who actually lower/raise their trucks; many just like to make comments.

Just thorwing my Opion out here, not to get off topic, But not everyone that doesnt have there truck lowered or raised doesnt know alot. I odnt have my truck raised very much. But i know alot from learnign from others on this site, and with lots of research. The only thing someone that has done it gains, is they can Form there opion. But like i said, You dont have to have done it to know about it, Just have to have done the research.

XplorerKid said:
Just thorwing my Opion out here, not to get off topic, But not everyone that doesnt have there truck lowered or raised doesnt know alot. I odnt have my truck raised very much. But i know alot from learnign from others on this site, and with lots of research. The only thing someone that has done it gains, is they can Form there opion. But like i said, You dont have to have done it to know about it, Just have to have done the research.
Was born and raised in this country, am ready to retire, perhaps to some other country as this one is going to hell in a hand basket:)

spindlecone said:
Haveing a bad hair day Robb?
The S.T has a radically Differant body style, if you are privy to automotive design concepts, you would be able to realize that a change in suspension geometry between a trac, and a non trac, would have an entirly diff look, Have a nice day:)
I guess I am not "privy" to design concepts. Could you please explain to me the differences in susp geometry between an X and an ST (outside of rear weight). I am apparently an idiot about this Explorer stuff, and really need someone of your vast experience to take me to school on the subject. I am having a great day, I hope you do as well. :)

Dear Robb
Is not My intention to engage you in a pissing contest, have you any experiance in raising or lowering Explorers of any type?
Am sorry if you consider yourself to be an idiot, pls note that the term idiot as you elude to is your terminology, as refers to you, I never called you an idiot.
I do not have vast Knowledge in the suspension geometry of explorers(do You?) and I in no way would attemp to as you say School an individual that considers themselves an idiot and therefore not capible of being educated.
I have spent alot of time, effort, and finances in having my suspension tweaked by the best in the business, the general feeling amougnst the experts is, not alot that one can do, a small drop front and rear works, get radical, things can turn to ****.

spindlecone said:
Dear Robb
Is not My intention to engage you in a pissing contest, have you any experiance in raising or lowering Explorers of any type?.

You have to be kidding right.

As for as everything I have heard and seen the X and ST suspension is identical, everything is the same. If it wasnt then Explorer lifts would not work on STs, because they do.

GaSouthern1 said:
You have to be kidding right.

As for as everything I have heard and seen the X and ST suspension is identical, everything is the same. If it wasnt then Explorer lifts would not work on STs, because they do.
We are not talking lifts my friend:) dropping an 03 ST with a TT is a whole differant program

What is this "Dear Robb" crap?

You don't want to engage in a pissing contest, yet you continue to press the issue. That is called participating in a pissing contest.

The term "idiot" was my own, I could have well of used dumb, stupid, etc. You have made a point that I do not know how the susp system of a ST operates because I don't own one, therefore making me not "privy" to the knowledge of how they actually work.

Throughout your little rant there, you completely dodged the point of how the susp geometry is different between a ST and a full body Explorer. You are correct, I don't own a ST. You do, so please explain the geometry differences between it and a full body Ex.

Oh, and yea, I have done just a little bit of work on the front suspension of my Explorer. I am fairly confident in my understanding of how they work..............

flexed3.jpg

So, Dear Spindlecone..................explain to me the the suspension geometry differences between a trac and non-trac, so that myself, and everyone else here, will be more wiser.

How, I just dont understand it, you have an IDENTICAL front end to the sports (and every other X) and no one else has had problems because they have a different front end. I am sorry but you are just wrong, the only thing that could possibly be different would be the shocks and even that would not make any gemomtry different.

Also Robb, your sig makes me need to pee.

03 sporttracs have no camber adusters, you do a TT, you need to have them installed, 200 bucks, keep in mind, the orig thread, lowering the ST was the topic. your off road animal Robb, has no bearing to the orig thread.
If Indeed the pics you posted are your work:) than I applaud you, a nice job done.
You start working on S.Ts, than post your expertize as pertains to late model tracs.
I have alot of experiance with 03-04 tracs, all 4x2s, all lowered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

spindlecone said:
03 sporttracs have no camber adusters,
No 2nd Gen Explorers have adjustable camber adjusters from the factory.

The suspensions on STs and EXs are identical. You can yada yada about your experience with STs all day, it won't seperate yourself from any 2nd Gen X guy.

You still have not shown any differences between the tracs and non-tracs........

Back