Before And After Lifted 99 XLT | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before And After Lifted 99 XLT

Sorry the before pic is so small. My computer wouldn't let ne resize it.

This is her stock except for the Hella 500's
3092794_270.jpg

And this is how she sits today with War 153's, TT, 33's and a 3" PA-883 Body Lift...
3092794_266_full.jpg

Not too bad eh? here is a couple more...
3092794_243_full.jpg

3092794_247_full.jpg

3092794_234_full.jpg

Again I'm sorry about the picture sizing...my computer is old and wouldnt let me do anything about it.
anyway let me know what you think!!!! Thanks,

-Russ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hah yeah i guess your right. either one would work well i think. but about the crv hatch mount i tried to search for it on here but i dont think anyone has tried it yet. I dont know if i want to start welding the back of my truck either considering it only has a total of 2 door dings and one small scratch.

you'd probably have to weld alot of supports on the inside of the door to be able to handle the consistent opening and shutting.

the CRV hatch rack would be nice to have if your hatch opens sideways.. try lifting a hatch upwards with a 33" tire on it.. :D

Just a thought..

niccceee truck btw :thumbsup:

that's why you'd have to put in stronger and/or lift struts

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

or just reinforce the mounting area then convert your hatch door to open sideways.. it'll be interesting to see how someone will build it..

it's almost 5am here.. dont you guys sleep?! :eek: i give up.. i mean my eyes are giving up.. :dead:

or just reinforce the mounting area then convert your hatch door to open sideways.. it'll be interesting to see how someone will build it..

it's almost 5am here.. dont you guys sleep?! :eek: i give up.. i mean my eyes are giving up.. :dead:

to make it open sideways would be a lot harder then just putting more lift struts on.

My excuse for being up so late is I have night owl syndrome. and it's only 4am here :D

Hey I got a question! I was cleaning my engine bay today and noticed that on the underside of my hood kinda by the fire blanket has 1995 imprinted on it. Does this mean it's been wrecked before or do all 1995 throught 2001's say 1995 on them???
It's got a clean title, carfax and it was a 1 owner before I bought it. it's a 1999 by the way. thanks!

-Russ

hey Russ,

just checked my '01 and it has the same stamp on it. could be a reference to when the die press, used to stamp the hood, was made or something like that.

After expiermenting with taking the WAR153's off I put them back on. It handles alot better with them on I think because of how heavy duty they are. This is after I painted them flat black and put them back on. I thought I would through my most recent pic in here...

3092794_297_full.jpg

Is 12.5 the normal width? They seem a little narrow for 33's, I'd personally want wider... Idk.. I'm about to have the same setup as you, minus the 33's....... We'll see how it goes with my 31's.

Is 12.5 the normal width? They seem a little narrow for 33's, I'd personally want wider... Idk.. I'm about to have the same setup as you, minus the 33's....... We'll see how it goes with my 31's.

Yeah 12.5 is normal for a 33" tire. any wider they would rub like crazy in the wheel well and on the sway bar. it goes 31x10.5, 32x11.5 and 33x12.5 and so on. In person they actually look really wide from front and behind. pictures always make things look small. Let me know when your done with everything! I want to see some pictures!

Your 99 Ex looks great! My old one was the exact same color.

Where did you get the FX4 Off Road Stickers?

Do you have the K&N filter or the whole intake?

Any transmission mods?

I agree with the Warriors over the stockers any day, MUCH stronger.. I actually tow from mine when I need to use my truck as a recovery vehicle.

Your 99 Ex looks great! My old one was the exact same color.

Where did you get the FX4 Off Road Stickers?

Do you have the K&N filter or the whole intake?

Any transmission mods?

Hey sorry I never check this haha. I actually need to find a way to delete since I have my registry now. The fx4 stickers I bought on ebay. Just type in ford ranger fx4 stickers and they will pop up. I only have the K&N drop in filter and other than royal purple trans fluid and a secondary transmission cooler the tranny is stock.

I've been looking for Days for a picture I saw.. I swore it was yours... I love it.. and it's my inspiration... you're driving down the road.. tires are all muddy as well as the lower parts of your body... picture is being taken from another vehicle... WHERE IS THIS PICTURE!? omg... I'm talking to you 99ex22!!!!!!!

haha glad you finaly found it. that's also one of my faves....only if the camera it was taken on was higher quality it would be alot better.

no!!! I didn't find it! Where is it?

Hm, odd.

Where it's Supposed to be, is a little torn box with an x in it. No wonder I didn't see it.

haha I thought you were just messing around storlied. Didnt think you actually couldnt find it.

Back