BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

thanks for the confirmation FROADER. how are your ball joints holding up along with the rest of your suspension? how much lift did u get out of your spacers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for the confirmation FROADER. how are your ball joints holding up along with the rest of your suspension? how much lift did u get out of your spacers?
Everything is good so far after 20k+ miles since install. I didn't get new parts when I installed them either so, no ill effects at all.

I got a little more than 1.5" of lift.

Here is the before and after from my thread.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/froaders-2010-xlt.365461/page-3#post-3203859

Just ordered my BTF 3" Monday and got it yesterday!

Finally got mine installed. Couldn't be happier I have 285 75 16 on it and the stance is great. Really pleased

Everything is good so far after 20k+ miles since install. I didn't get new parts when I installed them either so, no ill effects at all.

I got a little more than 1.5" of lift.

Here is the before and after from my thread.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/froaders-2010-xlt.365461/page-3#post-3203859

So you just did the front spacers, right? I'm looking at going 1.25" or 1.5" spacers front and rear but I haven't decided yet. Don't want to go much more than the 1.5" spacers since my rig will see trail use.

So you just did the front spacers, right? I'm looking at going 1.25" or 1.5" spacers front and rear but I haven't decided yet. Don't want to go much more than the 1.5" spacers since my rig will see trail use.
Yes, just the front, so my rig sits level now. The rear fits my tire size no problem at stock height.

Awesome. I'll be doing front and rear for sure I honestly think with the weight of the storage system, fuel, food, water and all of our gear she'll sit level for sure.
:dpchug:

How would the eBay 3" front and 2" rear spacers do with 285/75r16 and nothing else replaced? stock ball joints and uca's

Also, what do y'all think about doing uniball installation but from a 2004 Ford F-150? How much of difference or do you think they could bolt right in

I tried using the eBay spacers before I bought these. They do not work! Never got my money back so do not waste your time! Just spend the extra 110 bucks and get through right stuff from Brandon.

Yeah i was gonna go eBay and save a few bucks but went with the BTF kit and im happy!

I tried using the eBay spacers before I bought these. They do not work! Never got my money back so do not waste your time! Just spend the extra 110 bucks and get through right stuff from Brandon.
Hey what do you mean by, they didn't work?

This probably should be posted somewhere else but I'm here. I'm wanting to fit 33" tires under my explorer. I'm going to do the 1.5" body lift. The btf fab website has 2 different spacer lifts 2" front only then a 3"

What do I need to get? Feel free to pm me

This probably should be posted somewhere else but I'm here. I'm wanting to fit 33" tires under my explorer. I'm going to do the 1.5" body lift. The btf fab website has 2 different spacer lifts 2" front only then a 3"

I have 33s but I went with the 3 inch kit from btf

You should be able to find what you need in here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...02-2005-faq-regarding-lifts-tires-etc.290074/

Basically, to fit a 285/75r16 (33x11), you'd be looking at what is listed as a 3" leveling kit (front and rear spacers), and the '02-'05 Uniball control arms in addition to the 1.5" BL. I would definitely not recommend spacers only without the arms though.

Hi guys, I've got a set of 2 inch spacers that I'm trying to put on my 02 Eddie Bauer, and I'm having a hell of a time. The main issue is, once the strut is bolted up in the tower, the bottom of it is way too low for me to push the Lower control arm down to meet the bottom of the strut to but the bolt through. I can't think of any way to compress the strut, especially considering they sit at an angle. I know tons of you guys run spacers successfully, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys, I've got a set of 2 inch spacers that I'm trying to put on my 02 Eddie Bauer, and I'm having a hell of a time. The main issue is, once the strut is bolted up in the tower, the bottom of it is way too low for me to push the Lower control arm down to meet the bottom of the strut to but the bolt through. I can't think of any way to compress the strut, especially considering they sit at an angle. I know tons of you guys run spacers successfully, any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've done it two different ways. One way that works for some is to put the bottom bolt in first, then wedge the top in with a pry bar while hammering it in with a mallet which works especially on smaller lifts.

The way I normally do it is I will bolt the top in but leave it fairly loose, then put a big socket or something on my jack and lift up on the bottom of the strut to compress it slightly while pushing down on the control arm. Once the holes are close to lined up I use big screwdrivers or small pry bars to align the hole to the point where I can drive the bolt in with a hammer. The key is to keep the control arm pushed down and to not get frustrated because it really is a PITA. The next time I have mine apart would like to make a how to video. If anyone has more tips feel free to share.

Back