• Register Today It's free!

Carb or Fuel injection for engne?

n2thelife

Reaction score
City, State
Somewhere but not there
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 limited
I want to get the biggest motor possible in my 93 limited explorer, Without cutting the body up. I have been looking at engine builders web sites and mostly find only carb engines. Does anyone have a big motor with fuel injection?

What is the biggest motor that is able to be dropped into the 93 Ford explorer? I do not want to go take a motor out of a salvaged car. I am looking into new engines that will be able to have a supercharger or turbo charger on it.

Any links or information is appreciated. I have even considered running NoS. So this means the 351 is out of the question for such a heavy vehicle.:hammer:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

302 the most versitile engine fer the truck. Search the 302 engine swap... there is ALOT of info already out there in the conversion forum
Pete

I am not a mechanic but if 351 not work 302 prob not work

I am not sure if a 302 would work if a 351 does not. I am curious as to what is the biggest engine I can drop in a 93 explorer.:)

Remember that I want to possible run NoS, It is undedicded but should have the option. If you have any advice on this let me know.

Without cutting anything the BIGGEST engine you can put into the X is a 302. There just isn't enough room for anything else. As far a NO2, why do you think a 302 or 351 can't handle a 125-150 horse system? I have seen several mustangs and F-150 Lightnings running NO2 withought any problems that I know of. As far as finding a "crate" fuel injection motor, try Ford Motorsports. I don't think they offer a complete kit, but they have all the peices to put one together.

Cutting for a 351

What would I end up cutting to fit a 351W tall? anyone ever see this done?:eek:

Back