• Register Today It's free!

Carolina Beach

HKUNZ

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Heading out on my second trip, to Carolina Beach, for my first aniversery.

So far my check list includes...

Tow Hooks
4x4 check
Shovel/2x4s
Tire Guage
Cash
Fishing Gear

Anything else besides food?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tow strap? Do you have a good full size spare? I carry an aluminum AC Delco floor jack just so I don't have to fool around with the stock pos jack.Breaker bar,extension and socket to remove lug nuts also so I don't use pos lug wrench.:D

Gallon of water,quart of oil and ATF.I can go on for a while.

I actually always have all that in my truck minus the good jack. I never really thought about something like that

I have all the aforementioned stuff plus some boards so the jack doesn't sink in the sand/mud. Pieces of an old wood Chris Craft make for great jack boards. :D

I actually always have all that in my truck minus the good jack. I never really thought about something like that

Me either until I was in the desert in Moab trying to jack my Ex up to change a tire with that piece of crap.:D

Oh,and have fun.That's an order.:p:

You got it! Sir! Ill take some more pics and stuff. Mostly of the truck and the lady :)

where you going? And how about a fishing license,they are cracking down

You better watch out little x. shes taken and I dont share well with others :)

2010-06-04131942.jpg

2010-06-04131922.jpg

photo.jpg

Heres the lady

2010-06-04184626.jpg

My home in the fall. UNCW!!

beachexplorer.jpg

Me on the last trip.

And the OBX trip from June 19th to the 26th got cancelled. My dad got laid off again. :( So the GreenBeast will have to wait a few more months to conquer Hatteras, Ocracoke and such.

Post up when your going maybe some of us va people can meet up.I go down there all the time,so you ever see a jacked up white ex with a guy passed out with a pole in the water just reel it in if there is a fish on it hahahahhahaaa

Looks like fun,damn you guys are young.I have clothes older that your girl,thanks for the photos.:D

Were heading back up sometime later this month we graduate on friday and we'll be at UNCW on the 16th and 17th for orentation. Idk about actually getting on the beach i guess we'll play it by ear.

whats that thing on your front bumper?

Yeah its actually quite handy and it gets a lot of ooos and ahs. And they are great at saving my bumper. A guy in a chevy 2500 clipped me and the rod rack saved me from extensive damage. Needless to say it was crushed and thats a new one :)

Ok so i graduated from high school today and my grandpa gave me $1,000. Not to mention about $300 from various other people. Help me set my priorities. What should i do with this money? I want to put some in the explorer but im not sure how much.

Old fart advice,spend the $300 on the Ex,put the $1000 in the bank.Here's the deal,start saving now and by the time you are 45 you will be a millionaire,as in $1,000,000.+ spend now and at 70 you will still be broke.Sounds like fun.

I'm 54 and have learned this the hard way,I have NO retirement saved up,none.The difference is I have a good woman who is saving and finally have a good job at this point in my life.I'm also willing to do with less and my Ex is my only toy,I lead a simple uncluttered life with no credit cards or car payments.I am used to living on less then a $1000 a month.Oh,and we paid cash for the 2000 XLT we just bought.

Every guy I work with is toy broke.We have 2 guys working for us,one is 70 the other is 66 and they can NEVER retire,they are broke and in debt up to their eyeballs.Not what you wanted to hear maybe,but it's the truth.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I figured out what im doing with the money. The GreenBeast's flywheel spun out again, due to a faulty starter from autozone. (Its a long story.) So Im gonna fix that for about $150. But in the mean time ill drive my dad's 2008 f150 (he's in Houston working because there's no jobs in North Carolina) right? Wrong. It needed brakes. So another $100. Father's Day is coming up, and because he's broker than sh*t he has to work until July 4th, and he hasn't gotten to do the mods he wants on his ride. So I had a glass pack, custom tailpipe and stainless tip installed $163, and he cut me a deal because it was a gift. It was originally like $215 because its ALL stainless. He said its the best gift he's heard of in a long time. But don't tell him. It sounds amazing. Btw if you know of any cell tower jobs in NC let me know because he hates Houston. :)

Back