CHIEF Is Almost a 302!!!!!! 91 XLT SAS In the process of 302 and T-5 Swap!! | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CHIEF Is Almost a 302!!!!!! 91 XLT SAS In the process of 302 and T-5 Swap!!

Hello Everyone!
It's Chief here, Aka: Tim. I started with this pitifull excuse of a motor called a V6 and even more of a dissapointment This POS A4LD tranny! This will all be a nightmare that ended real soon:D

last shot of v6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here is a pic from below showing the clearence between the support and the frame rails....

Attachments

• new rad support clearence below.jpg
    new rad support clearence below.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,373

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I also Puchased and recieved My new Valaeo
"King Cobra" Clutch. This is Ford Racing's best clutch which offers 70% more holding power than stock. I got it for .....$156.00 shipped to my door! EBAY!

I also Emailed March Performace Pulleys and got a response about the Water pump pulley. They DO make a Forged Aluminum Pulley for this aplication.

It is Part number #3112..........$78.85

This Pulley is the Stock demensions so it does not underdrive your water pump, which is what I wanted, and It is for using the 94-95 style water pump and timing cover on an earlier engine (87-93) to gain about 1 3/4" of front clearence. This will be shipped out on Monday.

I will get a pic of the radiator in place probably Today, and Stay tuned because there isnt much left to get this bad boy running.

Coming up soon.....

-Fuel Filter and Stainless Braided fuel Lines
-Hydraulic throwout bearing install and clutch hook up
-Gear shifter modification
-Intake Filter and Mass air sensor install
-Exhaust Fabrication

TEST DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here Is one more pic for thought.................. This Is my rear hatch window. That is a custom Tint Job on the window....... No it's not a sticker.... Yes, I said All Tint! I am also getting the two side rear Qaurter Panel windows done with a Trick design but youll have to wait to see those till its running which will be soon!!

Attachments

• new rear window tint.jpg
    new rear window tint.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,570

Did you put tint on the outside of the window?

thats a very nice rear window. did you do that yourself or can most tinting places do that? thanks

No. It is window Tint it goes on the inside. It is all on the inside.

No I wish I could do that. A freind of mine did it for me. He is a window tint Professional. Most shops can NOT do that quality tinting. This type of tint work is custom and it is not cheap.

Just one more thing... The reason for doing this in Window tint rather than using a sticker or something is that You can still see right through the window from the inside, It does not affect your vision whatsoever.

So here is a pic of the Radiator in its new custom front support which I did make:)

Attachments

• new radiator is in.jpg
    new radiator is in.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,411

Chief, With a radiator that big, have you thought about running a electric water pump? CSI makes a pump that's rated at 30 gallons per min.

Yeah actually I have thought about it, but the reason I decided not to go with that is because well, for one they are expensive. The other reason is they stick out pretty far, so far actually that they stick out further than the stock pump and pulley do. Since I have spent so much effort trying to get enough room for nice e-fans behind the radiator I dont want to give up the option for the electric water pump.

Is that radiator big? :eek: :D :D :D :rolleyes: heh heh

Sorry everyone I just moved into a new house and everything kinda got put on hold for a little bit, but I am almost settled and I will be posting new things about the truck very soon. Thanks,
Tim

This is a great post! Keep it up!

Did you move closer or further away from the fires?

I only moved about 1 or 2 miles east of where I used to live. That made the move easy. I am ordering stuff today, some fuel lines, The hydraulic throwout bearing and spacer, and my cool flex radiator hoses. So stay tuned..... :)

Ok so,
I recieved my Hydro throwout bearing, space and my fuel lines and hose ends yesterday. I got an email with my tracking number for my cool flex radiator hoses but They screwed up on my address by one letter on the street name. So I emailed them and hopefully that wont delay the shipping.
My goal is to take my truck to the river on thanksgiving weekend, So needless to say I will be working my ass off over the next few days to accomplish it.
I also, spoke to a freind of a freind he is making me a custom water pump pulley out of aluminum for me. Its gonna cost 80.00 bucks which isnt bad for custom anything.
Tomorrow List of things to do:
1) Junkyard to get smog pump and egr valve.
2) Pull tranny and install hydraulic throwout bearing
and clutch.
3) Hook up lines and adjust clutch.
4) Hopefully pick up new custom water pump pulley
5) Install pulley and smog pump and belt.
6) Install Egr valve and hook up lines. (some issues
to deal with here as well )
7) install tranny
8) install headers.
9) install T-case.
10) Install driveshafts
11) make custom gearshifter .
12) Put interior back together.
13) Make fuel lines.
14) Install radiator
15) make bracket and install radiator overflow tank
as well as header tank. Also, make braided line
from rad to header tank.
16) Buy Conical air filter
17) hook up vaccum lines
18) install fenders, hood, grill, lights, and hydraulic
cylinders that assist the hood up. (explorer
express)
19) Install hood pins
not in that particular order :) well lets see how much I can get done............ I'll talk to ya tomorrow! I'll try to get pics soon!!!

Man thats a long list! Does your job fit in anywhere in there?;)

Heh good news is My mom and I started a Heavy equipment buisiness which I am now the forman of and She is giving me the day tomorrow to work on it:) and get this she is even coming over to tile my new bathroom for me while I am working on the truck.
Hows that for a deal!

Dude... Your mom KICKS ASS!!!

Back