Chop top and cage time!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chop top and cage time!!

Pics, let me know what yall think and give me some ideas

23.JPG

24.JPG

25.JPG

26.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh and all of the flat black spots on my truck are where I pulled out all the dents in the panels. I'm gonna pull the a/c stuff out tomorrow since my new belt just showed up for non a/c.

27.JPG

28.JPG

29.JPG

30.JPG

I don't remember where I bought them, but I know it was from a guy that fabbed them up and I bought his last set.

Okay got some more pics. Picked up 2 fenders, 2 kick panels, 2 headlight bezels, and a 2wd dash air vent (to replace 4x4 switch when I get a manual t-case) for $75 at pull a part. Pulled out the a/c compressor, accumulator, a/c lines. Still gotta remove the evaporator and the condenser (which are still for sale if anyone needs one). Got the fenders on and started bondo-ing the rear quarter panels. Also ordered one of my Smittybilt XRC seat for mock up when doing the cage since I sold the leather ones last weekend. Doors are also off and I'm probably not putting them back on.

Oh, and the painter that I work with has some nice harnesses (can't remember the brand now) that I'm getting for $100. They've got the round twist seat belt disconnect as opposed to the regular latch style so it's a pretty good deal.

100_1766.JPG

100_1767.JPG

100_1768.JPG

100_1769.JPG

pics

100_1770.JPG

100_1771.JPG

100_1772.JPG

100_1773.JPG

last ones

100_1774.JPG

100_1792.JPG

100_1793.JPG

I have to ask.....

How do you like the tires....

I really like them so far. Only had a few runs with them til I rolled it but they were great then. And when I bought them I was driving it on the street all the time. Seem to be holding up really well and ride awesome

Ok so i need a cage LOL jk

Thats good news. I have a new set sitting in the garage just waiting on rims..

Did some more body work on it the other night. The passenger smittybilt seat will be here on Tuesday and I got a new solid diff cover for $55 for the front 44. Pics to come soon.

Nice work, wish I had a garage like that. Is it air-conditioned? Can't wait to see the end product.

Nice work, wish I had a garage like that. Is it air-conditioned? Can't wait to see the end product.
Thanks, no we don't have A/c, just a bunch of fans which is usually okay. A/C would be pretty expensive, it's a 45k sq. foot warehouse!!!

sucks ur stuff got jacked! Glad everyone ok, cage will be cool. What kinda material did you roll on Sand, pea gravel ,dirt?

I rolled it on dirt.

Got both my seats now, new diff cover, and I'm getting the harnesses and headunit next week. Also gonna get a piece of 5x3x1/4 rectangular tubing that I will be using as the new rear frame crossmember and will attach my bumper to....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have any updates?

Back