Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the people coming from the north , you guys taking 81 or 95

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is there anyone coming down from northern PA or the new england area that would care to have a passanger?

And Rookie or Skunk, what are you two doing? Are you coming?

Xzibit A said:
what about the people coming from the north , you guys taking 81 or 95

I imagine Ben will be heading down 95->495w->66E->81 S, whereas I'll be taking a local shortcut across Baltimore and Frederick counties to 81 S (It's got too many roads to list, but it involves 70w).

Micah, Rook said he'd try to talk Skunk into wheeling the Tracker but he doesn't sound convinced that they'd actually go. I'm definitely driving either Jack or Shelby down, (whether I wheel or not depends on which one I end up taking obviously). You and Rookie are welcome to drive down here and hitch a ride if you like, but I'm not gonna add 4-6 hours to my trip to come get ya ;)

aww comon, you know you want to. Ill give rookie a call and see whats up.

Spas said:
I imagine Ben will be heading down 95->495w->66E->81 S, whereas I'll be taking a local shortcut across Baltimore and Frederick counties to 81 S (It's got too many roads to list, but it involves 70w).

Micah, Rook said he'd try to talk Skunk into wheeling the Tracker but he doesn't sound convinced that they'd actually go. I'm definitely driving either Jack or Shelby down, (whether I wheel or not depends on which one I end up taking obviously). You and Rookie are welcome to drive down here and hitch a ride if you like, but I'm not gonna add 4-6 hours to my trip to come get ya ;)

Nope try again. I'm taking 95 to VA 3, VA 20 (Consitution Highway) to 15 to 231, then to I-64.. Kind of hard to explain but its the way I'm choosing to go.

I'm just gonna take I-64 :p

Same here, but i'm heading East on 64.

I am I-64 west on Saturday morning.

and I will be following Ben :cool:

MONMIX said:
and I will be following Ben :cool:

In that case, I'm going thru every mud puddle I can find :D

I'll find my own way

I'll try to see you guys there, if I can get caught up.

Dopler174 said:
Does anyone have a pancake style air compressor? I had one until my friend decided to smash it. I've got a larger one, but it's to big to carry. I'm pretty sure that a 110 volt air compressor will run off of a power convertor for your cigarette lighter. That way you will have mobile power.

you would need a 150amp 12 volt inverter to run a very small compressor @ 110 volt. if I make it I have a gas 2.5hp Honda pancake compressor.

I'm sure That would run a small welder. I more than likely will not need it. Others, I cannot speak for. Some people live to break their truck!

Bobby D Crawley said:
you would need a 150amp 12 volt inverter to run a very small compressor @ 110 volt. if I make it I have a gas 2.5hp Honda pancake compressor.
You mean 15 amp right? 150 seems high, not mention I have never seen one that big and would probably need its own trailer :eek:

Is everybody ready? You only have three more Fridays left! :eek: Then it's wheelin' time! :thumbsup: I have to put on my tow hooks and get my CB antenna wired up. ;)

I think a couple of us are going to try to prerun the Stoney Run trail next Saturday. My buddy says he talked to the ranger station and it is open. We may also check on some other local trails, time permiting. If anybody has any other suggestions for trails around Crozet, feel free to chime in.

I would like to know a little more about the trails there and around there. Is there a schedule of events up for the weekend yet? I don't wanna miss anything!

I am thinkin about going, I am on leave for the entire month of June, about how long does it take to get there from Va Beach?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dopler174 said:
Is everybody ready? You only have three more Fridays left! :eek: Then it's wheelin' time! :thumbsup: I have to put on my tow hooks and get my CB antenna wired up. ;)

I might cut this one short. Tomorrow my rcd kit goes on. Then I still need to get a transfer case, driveshafts and regear the rear diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back