-Deathrow Update Log- | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

-Deathrow Update Log-

5.0 is a good idea. Looking at your list, I think you got it covered.
Oh it really is, just not finding a good donor around, plus that's much more work, ain't got space for a donor, and I actually like the 4.0 SOHC, it tends to be torquier than the 5.0, least stock lol
Nah, if I engine swap it, it'll be way later down the road and I'll be modding in something bigger than a 5.0 lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh it really is, just not finding a good donor around, plus that's much more work, ain't got space for a donor, and I actually like the 4.0 SOHC, it tends to be torquier than the 5.0, least stock lol
Nah, if I engine swap it, it'll be way later down the road and I'll be modding in something bigger than a 5.0 lol
I smell Coyote....

I smell Coyote....
Not quite like that! Was more thinking 351, or since I'm very well experienced on one thanks to the rado: a 350/383. All tank engines with plenty of power even stock for an X lol
Coyote would be dang cool though, that's been done ain't it, right? lol

Not quite like that! Was more thinking 351, or since I'm very well experienced on one thanks to the rado: a 350/383. All tank engines with plenty of power even stock for an X lol
Coyote would be dang cool though, that's been done ain't it, right? lol
Bro if you do a coyote swap you got to show me how LOL

Okay, so hear me out...how worth it would this sucker be...? lol

Coyote swap has been done, even into a bii (Texas metal, extensive) That engine is huge in our engine bay $$$$$$$$$$
Not a natural fit and big $$$, but also huge power

Okay, so hear me out...how worth it would this sucker be...? lol
How soon will it be at your house is the question that needs to be asked. Nice to dream about Godzilla and coyote but a 5.0 is a near bolt in item.

How soon will it be at your house is the question that needs to be asked. Nice to dream about Godzilla and coyote but a 5.0 is a near bolt in item.
Not for a while, didn't notice it till later but Facebook suggested it from all the way up in NC, not exactly sure it's worth the 8+hour trip lol
Definitely nice to dream about..!

Some of yall may remember an old project I had for Deathrow towards the end, an overhead console swap, well, figured while I save cash, may as well start some old stuff back up! Gotta figure out what wires are what and start marking for cutting

20240410_144718.jpg

The upper thread inserts though are a bigger key, in your picture it looks like there is a hole made where the insert needs to go. There are about four of those sets of three bolts, needed to mount the OEM brackets on each side. If you can work out those upper bolt threads, the inserts, then you can mount the OEM running boards.

The upper thread inserts though are a bigger key, in your picture it looks like there is a hole made where the insert needs to go. There are about four of those sets of three bolts, needed to mount the OEM brackets on each side. If you can work out those upper bolt threads, the inserts, then you can mount the OEM running boards.
You're talking about the running boards project on the first page?

If that is the case, that's solved, I figured out that they just had rubber grommets in the holes, so pop those out and yeah, the boards mounted right up, took no time at all to do once I actually looked at it lol
Appreciate that though anyway!

Let's just feed to all yalls hopes and dreams while I got the tires off lol
2nd gen Explorer with 37x13.5r17s! lol

20240418_113022.jpg

20240418_113029.jpg

Them be some fat rubbers!

1713480812039.png

Only way I'd ever have them out that far would be some serious offset while on Dana 60s! Definitely not crazy enough to try spacers like that, definitely seen some fun spacer rigs before though! lol
Man an X with tires that big would be sick though! Maybe she'll get that treatment one day, not for a very, VERY long time if so though! lmao

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bonus points for the guy who put the directional tires on the correct sides, on that spacermobile. Of course, if he covered it with a wide body kit, we might forget about the spacers... for a while.

Back