• Register Today It's free!

My new to me 1999 eddie bauer.

Hadyn

Reaction score
City, State
DADE CITY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 eddie bauer v8
I have been asking lots of questions but realized I had not shown pics of what I got.
1999 5.0 v8 2wd eddie bauer.
Picked it up for $1100.
Before and after pics of detail.

Screenshot_20201029-155302_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201029-155306_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201029-155259_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201029-155315_Facebook.jpg

20201031_180437.jpg

20201031_180448.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Problems with it are no a/c. Master brake leaking and needs new tires

Problems with it are no a/c. Master brake leaking and needs new tires
Clean... AC diagnosing is not my forte but it could be something as simple as a broken vacuum line(s) (they are thin and at age of our Explr's are brittle at this point. On my V6 the AC vacuum canister (round black ball the size of large soft ball) is located / mounted on the passenger side wheel well. Check to see if all the lines are still connected to it / secure etc. If one is broke or cracked report back and I'll go into replacement...simple.
Here's what yours would look like after removing running boards...if pondering it..... easy to do.... unbolts all from the bottom / no clips etc.

Attachments

• EXPLOR RECENT SIDE2.jpg
    EXPLOR RECENT SIDE2.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 79

Clean... AC diagnosing is not my forte but it could be something as simple as a broken vacuum line(s) (they are thin and at age of our Explr's are brittle at this point. On my V6 the AC vacuum canister (round black ball the size of large soft ball) is located / mounted on the passenger side wheel well. Check to see if all the lines are still connected to it / secure etc. If one is broke or cracked report back and I'll go into replacement...simple.
Here's what yours would look like after removing running boards...if pondering it..... easy to do.... unbolts all from the bottom / no clips etc.
I like the look with no running boards. Looks good.

I like the look with no running boards. Looks good.
Here's a another angle to see it too ....sorry about red circle....old photo..... I got some adhesive black trim/ strips to go over small holes near bottom to give it a "cladding look" like Jeep Laredo design etc but haven't got around to it yet... looks ok to me for time being....
** KEEP IN MIND....if you do remove the running boards your Explorer will no longer be amphibious! ;)

AFTER STEP SIDE3.jpg

Looks good! I personally like the look of the running boards and they are useful if you need to access the roof (for washing and waxing especially), but certainly not good if you are going off road at all.

Back