• Register Today It's free!

Denver Explorers!

ExplorGM

Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer Expedition
I'm visiting Denver during my training and have seen several nice lifted Explorers. One of them I'm sure I've seen on this board.

Green/Tan pre 94 with custom body color rear bumper? I saw it on Santa Fe or 25 and gave a thumbs up to the young lady in the passenger seat. She looked at me like I was nuts! I was driving a tan Tauras rental at the time. It was just me admiring the truck! SAV or SAJ something on the plate. I think I've met the driver and seen the Explorer on one of the runs...

I also saw a nice clean -94 tan/brown in color that was lifted leaving downtown on Thursday night on 25.

Lotsa nice Explorers here! I don't remember specifics on the others but they are probably on this board too.
Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the Green Tan one sounds like Joe Dietz to me...

Brown one, I'm not sure dosen't sound farmiliar...

As for being in town why the hell didn't you post sooner that you'd be here... We could have gotten a group dinner together or something...

Yep sounds like you saw Joe. I wish he would get his butt back on the board. I'm dieing to find out how his 5.0 conversion turned out.

I did see a 5.0 emblem on the back of the Explorer so you are probably right. Nice truck!

I'm doing some training so I've been tied up practically day and night with 5am studying so even though I would have liked to meet with you guys I did not have the time this trip. I will be back quarterly so I'll definately try to get in touch next time.

I've been on the road for four weeks now with at least two more to go... Really missing home!

Thanks!
Rick

the brown one, did it have a customer bumper on the back? Coulda been Guy Groves. So you've bene int own and haven't even tried to hook up for dinner or anything? Some friend! LOL.

Originally posted by mattadams
So you've bene int own and haven't even tried to hook up for dinner or anything? Some friend! LOL.

So you give me a hard time about my typing, what'z up with this??

I would have to agree it's Joe and Guy. Both have really nice 5.0 conversions even though they did them completely different.
We were lucky to see both of them this summer at one of our BBQ get-to-gathers...

I have not seen Joe in about a month now but he is still working out some bugs from the conversion. It is on the road and has been for a few months. The conversion is the cleanest you will see, as Joe is a stickler to detail. The Jet AOD that he used was setup for a drag car from what Brett was telling me and needed a different valve body and governor, so thats the latest.
Joe's truck is a monster, and probably one of the best built 4x4's out there from what I have seen. He was dissapointed to not hit any trail rides this season but we are shooting for a big year next year.

Joe's conversion is so clean it will make you drool, but so will the rest of his Ex.......

I got Joe's old transmission and his old 4.0L is one of the two sitting in Brett's shop, it may end up in my truck with a nice buildup if I get my way :)

Anyways I know the three of us will not miss any more excursions if the chips fall into place, after Moab I am hooked!!!!!

After working on Joe's truck for seven months or so I am anxious to see it on the trail.....

So how about seeing the truck on the WEBSITE! After all Brett is a moderator here. I know Joe isn't a big poster here:rolleyes: but come awn....

Hey, Col Guys do you ever have any Get togethers. or anything. I am up in southern WY and would love to get down for a G2G with other Xs

Tim

Originally posted by 94ZebraRanger
Hey, Col Guys do you ever have any Get togethers. or anything. I am up in southern WY and would love to get down for a G2G with other Xs

Tim

Ahhjaws is in Ft. Collins and he was saying something about getting a BBQ together in January with there 4x4ord club.
You can check out that thread here. Maybe we could go crash the party!!!
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63014

Rick,

Both Joe's monster Ex and a couple of Brett's projects will be featured on a site, we just have to find the time and get the pictures. It;s hard to post when you are working on your truck every waking moment that you are not working. PLans are in the works to build a new site showing all of our custom work and future plans. I have also been working on a complete walk through of the 4.0L conversion and performance.

IN the works for my truck now are bent beams, I picked up a spare TTB last week, Brett and I are going to build the jig and bend and widen these suckers about 3". My ARB is installed but I need to fab up the onboard air before I can run it. I also have the Autofab fenders and Skyjacker 4" leafs waiting to be installed. My 33's are sitting there looking at me waiting for all this to happen. I am shooting for Moab in the spring. Winter projects include a new carpet kit and some finishing touches on the interior, along with a custom center console. I also have some minor body work to complete ASAP. Next year she will be getting a brand new OHV 4.0L built nicely, after that I Will pretty much have a brand stinken new 88 BII hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Ahhjaws is in Ft. Collins and he was saying something about getting a BBQ together in January with there 4x4ord club.
You can check out that thread here. Maybe we could go crash the party!!!
Dead Link Removed

Hey!!:D

Anyone is welcome to come. I'll have more info next week or so.

Two 5.0 Conversions!

Probably irrelevant at this point, but the tan one had a grille guard and the license plate started with an A. Looked like about 4-6 inch lift and clean as a whistle. No other modifications visible (on the freeway at dusk).

As far as being in a stealth mode in CO... I had absolutely no free time at all this week unfortunately :(
Hopefully next time!
Rick

Do you know if it had a custom rear tire carrier on it?

There is someone in Ft. Collins who has one like that.

No Carrier

Nothing on the back. Pretty stock looking except for the lift and front grille guard. Nice truck though!

Well you didnt see Joe's 93 Eddie Bauer then, thats for sure, his is green and tan but you cant miss the TJM aluminum front end, the custom tan wheels, the 33" mudders, the custom rocksliders, the custom rear bumper, or the 8" bright yellow superlift......not to mention the huge 5.0L emblems........

There are a ton of lifted Rangers and explorers around town I see all the time, lots of them are not on this board........dummies! they dont know what they are missing! Next time you are in town let us know.......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I saw Joe

From your description the first one I saw was Joe. The one that I was referring to in the last post was all tan with what looked like 33's, a lift and a front grille guard.

Joe's was hard to miss with the 5.0 emblem on the back.
Saw a couple of newer Xs with mud tires and some nice Rangers too. More 4x4 Rangers there. Here in Phoenix it seems like most of the Rangers you see are the Pre-Runner style like Jason's. Saw a bunch in LA two weeks ago too. Popular style!
Rick

Back