Did some body work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did some body work

After I got my KCs installed, I thought I would go out for some wheeling and test and aim them. So I went out with Diff Whack to Walker Valley yesterday. After getting stuck on a muddy little hill of about 30 minutes and having to use the winch I knew it wasn't going to be a good day. Especially after we started down on a different trail and discovered that it was a little to tight to be playing on with anything larger than an ATV!

I think its about time to start thinking about putting a flat bed on it and some sort of body protection.

Attachments

• DSC00509.JPG
    DSC00509.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 9,378
  • DSC00510.JPG
    DSC00510.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC00511.JPG
    DSC00511.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 4,920
  • DSC00513.JPG
    DSC00513.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 309

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fortunately no cameras were involved! Just a wrong turn down a very tight ATV trail! :eek:

I agree...time for flat bed and tube doors. :cool: Any pics from the trail?

Unfortunately no. Somehow managed to leave all the cameras at home this time.

90ranajo said:
I think its about time to start thinking about ... some sort of body protection.

I think its a little late for that. Now you don't have much to worry about.

I have plenty to worry about. My tailgate and roof skin are still undented virgin sheet metal. :D

Take the tailgate off...save it while you can. And build a cage to save yourself...

FROADER said:
Wow, you matched the other side without even going to Moab. Was Kevin spotting you again while filming...? :D

I spotted a couple of times, and none of them involved a video camera. One obstacle I winched myself up and then spotted 90ranajo up as he wanted to try it without the winch. NO DAMAGE :p Anyway, all his dents were self induced as were mine. Very tight trails, close trees and soupy mud do not mix well for keeping sheet metal straight. Without my winch, one of those dents would have been a lot bigger :D

Jeez!! That's about the toughest way to align lights I've ever seen!

At least the passenger side matches the driver's side now LOL!!! It's all downhill from here, buddy!

-Joe

Back