East Coast Rumble | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

East Coast Rumble

metjeep

Reaction score
I know, I know.... I ought to change my login name... 2 Explorers, 1 jeep.

However... I spent a couple days earlier this year over at Paragon helping cut some new trails. The "easy" one we just finished is kind of interesting as it goes past a couple of nice rock gardens that are just begging for a "shortcut".

The Rumble (search for "sports in the rough") is coming up at Paragon May 4,5,6 and it is real reasonable as far as costs. I went last fall, and am planning on hitting this one too. Saw several Explorers there, but not enough to be well represented.

Any other East Coasters out there planning on going??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would love to go cause it is so close to me, but I just went to attica and the funds are really tight. I have always wanted to check out Paragon. If its to short of notice?, I think the explorer clubs should look in to Paragon for the Explorers to come out.Does Paragon have a website?

How about it NOIEC? You guys are more than welcome to crash at my place on the way there, cause you go right through Cleveland.

Already sent my check

I'll be there Met....are you taking both your Explorers and your Jeep?

Karol

Also........

are you going to the Ramsey offroad Challenge in July too?That sounds like it will be a blast too....

Karol

are there still some spots open to go? i am not that far away and have always wanted to go there. do u know any of the details? costs, etc...? i'll go if i can afford it. somebody get back to me, we're running out of time.....

OK. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I hope this is the information everyone needs...

1. Funds: $68 plus the camping fees. Real good for 3 days of 'wheeling.

2. http://www.paragonap.com should get you to the Paragon site. There are directions in there and a trail map. There are enough different trails that an Explorer group could run the place with different level trail rides and everyone could work as hard as they want to.

3. Good question, what am I bringing? Obviously I need to bring a running vehicle. Just welded up some rocker panel protection/rock sliders for the ?ee?, and I am going to try to break them this Sat. If I succeed, I will probably be driving the '91 Explorer, if I don't kill the ?ee?, I will probably drive it.

4. Karol-- I will look for you! Heard from J91 recently?

5. http://www.sportsintherough.com should get you to the sponsor's site to see if you can still sign up. Last I heard, there was still room. Make sure you sign up for camping or hotel too.

Should be a great time in a great park.

Well

:bounce:

I just got my confirmation in the mail.... will you be there on Thursday? I will probably be checking in Thursday night or Friday morning ...see ya there

no I havent heard from J91 lately and I havent seen him post either wonder whats up with him??

Karol

Great! Lets get some photos so the west coasters can see what they are missing!

Anybody else out there attending??

I am shooting for getting up to the camp ground Thurs. evening, but that depends on work, weather, etc. Should be there for sure by 8 Fri. AM.

ok here's my situation. i have finals beginning the week of the 7th. i would love to go and i still might. the problem would be funds too. i cant afford a hotel and i cant camp because i am at school and it would take some real doing to get my camping gear up here from home, though it could be done if i really had to. here's my question, do u think that i could come out just for the days of saturday and sunday. i go to school 30 mins away so i could commute(although knowing my luck i'll break everything) do u think i could come out for the day on saturday and they would let me in to watch you guys and the others? between finals week and no money whatsoever, getting there and actually doing the trails would be a huge stretch.

ok here's my situation. i have finals beginning the week of the 7th. i would love to go and i still might. the problem would be funds too. i cant afford a hotel and i cant camp because i am at school and it would take some real doing to get my camping gear up here from home, though it could be done if i really had to. here's my question, do u think that i could come out just for the days of saturday and sunday. i go to school 30 mins away so i could commute(although knowing my luck i'll break everything) do u think i could come out for the day on saturday and they would let me in to watch you guys and the others? between finals week and no money whatsoever, getting there and actually doing the trails would be a huge stretch.

Well

:smoke: Well I was told once byt the sponsers that it usually isn't a problem if you wanted to only go for the day.... print out their application...fill it out....and call them just to make sure....but they told me the last time that the events that are scheduled in early spring and late fall don't fill up most of the time and they will be glad to take you just for the day.... you would have to call them to get a price....it may just be about $20 or so.... if you can't come this time ....then there is always the Ramsey Winch Challenge......you don't have to compete....they are doing trail runs just like The Rumble.... and it gives you more time to save up and make time..... I'm going to be there....who knows....maybe we can get some of the PENNEX Club to get there too....and maybe even MetJeep if he is so inclined :).....

MetJeep: Well I talked with J91Ford last night and he is selling the Explorer.....(He sold out on us!!) He is working on a Landcruiser for Rockcrawling..... A toy...???? Can you believe it...? he should have at least bought a *eep! How about Tank? sheesh wonder where he is ??

Karol

Karol--

Last I heard from Tank, he was swaping the old one for a new one. Should run into him somewhere now that the weather is warmer. From our discussions, Paragon was one of his favorite places and it would not supprise me to see him up there.

As I recall, J91FORD has access to a good welding shop. I am sure his Landcruiser will turn out great! Nothing wrong with good axels, lots of lift and a longer wheelbase!

Bigcheck1--

I don't know the situation up at Paragon this weekend as far as riding with someone. However, check out the club schedule for EC4x4E which is kind of headquartered out your direction, maybe a little further south. This is one of the clubs of which I am a member and the schedule sheet has several trips into Paragon, plus some photos of trail cutting, etc. http://www.ec4x4e.com Nice bunch of folks, mixed trucks. Keep an eye on this and when a club event happens up at Paragon you can probably drive or ride along. Try getting in touch a week or two before one of the runs when things are settling in.

Oh, well... outta here. Lets see if anything breaks this weekend!!

Yeah

That was one of the last posts on the board for Tank...that he sold the other Hummer and got a newer model....then poof gone... he is from around my way.....I think he was actually from Penndel which is about 15mins away.....

Counting the days...I don't want to break anything.....just got done fixing some things and I'm running out of $$$ .... since this is my first time going, I'm going to take it easy.

Karol:smoke:

:banghead: I Wanna Go, I Wanna Go, I Wanna Go!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHHH! I Can't. It's my daughter's 3rd birthday weekend and I can't miss that. When's the next event?? I'll shoot for that instead.:eek: I just gave the X a 2" torsion twist and shackles, and I wanna take it out and play!!!

:bounce:
Jeff, the next one for me will be the June 15th-17th Ramsey Winch Challenge at Paragon..... go to the sports in the rough website ....the infor is all on there..... after that in Sept is The Pocono TrailFest.....

www.sportsintherough.com/event.htm

Karol

guys,
as of right now i'm gonna give the group or whoever a call in the a.m. i am gonna try to go for just saturday. thats the only day that i could go. if they let me go fror just the day then i'm definatley gonna see you guys there. i'll let you know what happens as soon as i can.

guys,
as of right now i'm gonna give the group or whoever a call in the a.m. i am gonna try to go for just saturday. thats the only day that i could go. if they let me go fror just the day then i'm definatley gonna see you guys there. i'll let you know what happens as soon as i can.

Looks like I will be heading up Thursday evening at this point. See you all up thee!

Hey guys whats up havent been on in a while! How are all of you? Yeah you heard right im selling the explorer Im working of my project fj40 i STARTED a site www.rockboundfj40.homestead.com
if you want you can send me some pics of your trip and i will put it on the site. The toyota should be done in time for some runs in june and july up at paragon. well ill kep in touch with you all .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got home!!

:bounce: Had a great time!!!

My pics will be up soon. I have to still get the gook off of the bottom of the truck !

Karol

Back