FordBeast98's SAS in progress! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FordBeast98's SAS in progress!

Front:
-'79 Bronco HP Dana 44
-4.88's(open for now)
-Warn Manual hubs
-Trying to reuse all the bronco front suspension

Rear:
-'79 Ford 9"
-going to convert to disk
-4.88's(really 4.86 but close enough)
-Mini-spool
I finially got sick of the IFS(Independent Fu*ked suspension) I was tired of the no-flex and wanted something a little beefer.

When i get done im going to run the 35's for a while and im going to run some 37'MTR's when i get the money.Also i will finailly! be swapping in my 1354.

First off i say this wouldnt be possible without my friend morris. He is helping me do this and i really appreciate it.(thanks man).

So far i have the the rear sprung over and i am in the process of dissasembling the front.The gears are being installed and my axles are being rebuilt as i speak. I will post more pics as soon as i get them and keep you all updated. Here is one that i could get of the d44. More pics will be up later tonight hopefully.Feel free to ask questions as i will.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 970

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes i did get them and i havent had time or the money to get out and get the HD rivet gun. I will probably have them on in a week.I will post some pics when done.

Matt

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

-Update-
Got 3rd member back from and it regeared and rebuilt and cleaned up. Im going to install it in the axle and get the axle under the truck. Also the 9" is converted to disk now. My friend got and idea of how we could do it for cheap,so we used my old front calipers and put them on the back and he made me some backing plates. Im hoping the truck will be done in a week or two!!

Matt

Well shes about 99% done, still doing a little tweaking :D . Im in the process of getting a new camera so i should be able to get some pics up soon.

Matt

When you get that camera, post tons of pics!!
If you haven't really looked at cameras yet,
I'd recommend the Cannon A70 digital--it's great

f*ck thats gonna be huge.

I think its a Myth...

:p

rino351- my brother got me one off ebay. should be here in under and week.

Premier- :nono:

I know... cant you see the smilie I used? Im green with envy.

Subscribing so I can see the pics. This sounds awesome!!

Premier said:
I know... cant you see the smilie I used? Im green with envy.

I know :D

Update!!

Here is some pics of me testing it out the other day on some 31" skinnies :D . I mounted the 38's today and will get some pics tom.

Attachments

• Dcp_0006.jpg
    Dcp_0006.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 462
  • Dcp_0008.jpg
    Dcp_0008.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 457
  • Dcp_0010.jpg
    Dcp_0010.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 464

more, notice my friends rockcrawler

Attachments

• Dcp_0012.jpg
    Dcp_0012.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 463
  • Dcp_0013.jpg
    Dcp_0013.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 472

Very cool, Can't wait to see pics

BTW, where did ya get the snorkle?

I want one!!!!

:eek:

Oh wow... those tires are puny LOL

When can I drop by so you can do mine? :D

Those 31s look like the stock spare "donut" that the ex has :)
Your friends rig almost looks like a chopped up Hummer-- what is it?

holy crap, can't wait to see the end result with those 38's

and Fury's ride is friggin wicked as hell!

you'll have to take a pic with those things lined up next to one another :D

hmm didnt i take those pictures???

think i did. :rolleyes:

he comes close to rubbing his firewall with those 31's turned deep and flexed pretty good. Cant wait to see how the 38's work. Might have to move the axle forward to clear the firewall.

It is a nice ride except for all the clunking from having practically no radius arm bushings :banghead: . Sounds like the thing is coming apart.

We never did get the full travel from the front suspension due to his rear suspension being so flexy. Those rocks that he backed up on to are about 3-4ft tall and he didnt lift a tire backing up on to them. Funny thing is when he got out to look at it he couldnt get back in so i had to drive off the rock for him.... :smoke:

I am pretty sure that rock buggy is just a 302 powered tube chassis he custom built. those are 46" Michelin XML's with custom grooving on there. and the axles are a D60 front and Eaton rear both locked not sure on what the rear is locked iwth but the front is locked with an ARB. It looks bigger in person.

Well i replaced the radius arm bushings yesterday. Rides 10 times better. I still have the "pogo stick effect" because i have no front shocks yet. You took 3 of them chad :D . Thats my friend morris's rock buggy. Its damn sweet. That 302 has a killer cam in it too! I really couldnt have done all this without his help and all the dang tools in his shop. Thanks Morris!

Back