FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Since I sold the van, I told the wife I wanted to get another classic. My plan was to get another 63 Galaxie, but she said she wanted something she could drive, too. I asked her about the Falcon since it’s similar but smaller and would be easier to drive around town, and she loved the idea. I started looking and didn’t need to look far.

It turned out one of my son’s friend’s parents had exactly what we were looking for that happened to be for sale. We went to look at it and pretty much knew right away we were going to buy it.

It will be our weekend cruiser / beach car and it’s in the perfect condition for that. The top is in great shape because the previous owner never had it up, and it was always garaged. It’s a good 10 foot car, but once you get closer you can see the flaws. The seats need to be recovered and the rear end has a decent whine coming from it, so those will be taken care of first. Then it will be time to enjoy it as we plan.

SPECS:
1963 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible
Paint: Peacock Blue / Interior: Champagne
170ci straight 6 / odometer reads 83,378
Automatic 2 speed Cruise-o-Matic

PLANS:
-Cheap seat covers, for now
-Fix rear end. Hopefully it’s just carrier bearings and not an issue with the gears.
-Upgrade to an alternator from the generator, so I can get a better sound system
-Lower it maybe 1-2 inches statically until I can afford air ride.

58CCA43C-5941-41FA-9752-74104010BD28.jpeg
D168F310-E4D1-4612-A9C6-D144E3D984FC.jpeg
8183F156-4AF4-4742-9B5F-3CD61106F84E.jpeg
1DA36890-7B47-474F-8D61-1C698B86A7F3.jpeg
A8B7F7DB-81B7-4243-8B40-292BBA03D7C7.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i like how getting a classic was more ok than the van😅😅😅

Very cool, congratulations. I'm out of room at my house. When I get the arihouse built, I'm going to work on filling the garage with cool old metal.

Wow what a great find!!! Enjoy it!!

Sweet! So clean!

That's a great find, congrats. That would be lots of fun to drive anywhere in town, small and nimble. Do the interior, upgrade the drivetrain etc, and enjoy it with the outside and tunes.

Back