fuel pump shut off switch | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fuel pump shut off switch

No power fuel pump 94 Explorer 4.0 4x4

I will check all grounds and get back on that. I checked the PCM relay and it was fine. I will check wires coming in to the power box as well.

When I tapped the inertia switch I hear a weird noise then it will pop. I then reset it but no good. It was in the whole time this thing has been acting up.

I definitely do not have an engine light when it messes up and I cannot hear the fuel pump prime when I have no engine light.

Thanks,

Nick:exp:

I checked my inertia switch before, and it was ok. This time I ripped off the cover and pulled out the connection, and it was burned to a crisp. Connector was totally melted.

I took a short piece of wire and shorted out the connector and the truck runs fine now. Hoping that will stop it from stalling.

Hopefully I won't roll over the truck until I get it fixed.

inertia.jpg

I think I found my issue. The connector to my inertia switch is melted. I checked it before, but never pulled out the connector. No idea why it would have melted.

So until I get a new plug and inertia switch, I just shorted the connection with a wire. Hopefully I won't roll it over or get into an accident in the meantime.

So a 50cent part has cost about $700. I've taken it to ford dealer twice, midas once, replaced the fuel pump and a ton of sensors, etc... Some stuff needed to be replaced anyways, but I spent about $300 at ford and midas having them trying to diagnose the problem.

Before I had just pulled the cover off and checked the connection, but never removed it ... stupid me ...

inertia.jpg

Back