• Register Today It's free!

Fuel reservoir

Deuling

Reaction score
City, State
Muskegon Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Ford Bronco2 4x4 xlt
On the frame under the driver side door on my 86 theirs this reservior that has a filter in the bottom and the feed and return fuel lines and some check valves. The 2.9 was runnin crappy and I switched the filter in their, ran good for a while, then crappy again. Took the filter off not clogged, looked up and one of the check valves was laying sideways. I rerouted the lines to bypass this and now it wont run. I connected the feed to the feed and return to the return. im confused. Any thoughts???

Have you cycled the ign switch repeatedly before trying to crank it? Have you activated the fuel pump manually from the EEC-IV test connector under the hood? You mention the CHECK VALVE was out of place. Think those check valves are there for a purpose?
Those reservoirs are on 80-86 F150/Bronco/Bronco II/Rangers. Only the '86 model has the filter in it though. Find one and put it back as designed.

New ones can be had @ http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fr/full.aspx?Page=100

Ive cycled the ignition yes. i was told it could be bypassed. also this thing has almost every electronic part on it brand new you could think of. Spent way too much money on it and now it doesnt run lol. New fuel pumps. Im at a loss.

Back