• Register Today It's free!

Getting an Excursion!

SVO42

Reaction score
City, State
RV Nomad
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XL
We're going to look at one tomorrow. Just awaiting a couple more pics and finalizing details. Too bad we can't seem to find a vehicle we want within 200 miles of where we live. :rolleyes: FYI, we went to Plattsmouth, NE for my Explorer and Indianapolis, IN for her Firebird. Now it looks like Chicago for the Excursion.

We want something that can really tow since it'll be pulling my Ex on a trailer soon. Also planning ahead to have something that can hold a couple of kids, a couple of dogs, and all of our outdoor equipment for trips. Right now it's just us one dog, and camping equipment.

Due to loan differences and the fact that the last year of the Excursion was 2005, we're looking for a 2004 or 2005 model with the 6.0 diesel, 4WD, and leather (cleans up easier!). Hopefully this'll work out and be a nice truck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't believe you have to go to Windy city to find a vehicle! Have you checked used truck lots?
FYI a V-8 Ex will tow well also!

Brian, I found 1 Exursion in a 500 mile radius on Craigs List...LOL

Ebay has 65 listed. There is a 2008 king ranch for $49 k. Is that a typo? '08?

The 7.3 diesel are pricey!

Well, we got it! :bounce: Helluva trip, but we made it there despite the weather (snow + Firebird = :eek:) and back despite the weather. More details and pics to come! I think we're going to go sit in it and have a beer or two! :chug: No driving, though--not even in our back 4! This is the niceest ride either of us has ever had. My old '98 Mustang GT leathery black beatuy is close...:D

:ttiwwp:

Did you go to a private party or a dealership in Chicago?

x2 what yellowford said

Did you go to a private party or a dealership in Chicago?

x2 what yellowford said

It was a dealership. I've linked the dealership's ad below since it NEVER stopped raining since last night and has now turned into sleet and snow. :mad: I'll post up some original pics soon.

http://www.exotic-motors.com/detail-2004-ford-excursion-limited-4838900.html

Since it was a dealer, we did expect to have to bend over a bit, but it really wasn't too bad. We have a dealership salesman friend locally that even told us to get this one if it turned out good--even though we'd buy from him first if he found a good deal! :eek:

While we were waiting a bit we got to check out some really cool exotics, which was better than typical waiting room magazines.

We ran it close to empty on the way home and I filled it up this afternoon: $112 of diesel at $2.67/gal.! It had 2 gallons left. At least it was a little reassuring to see the trip computer estimate 602 miles to empty! :thumbsup: (Excursions came with a 44-gallon tank.)

WOW! What a great looking truck, that thing is SUPER NICE!!!!!

Jeff - :cool:

Excursions are nice rides!!, About a year ago, I picked up an 05, Fully decked out Black, with tan Bottom, was top package, with 98,x.. miles v10, sweet ride for $5000 from repo lot in Jefferson City, plans were to lift it allready had 8in full spring kit, but decided was to nice and turned around and resold for 7800 :)

-Congrats on new ride , on the 6.0 if EGR gives u problems do the EGR delete, and dont go turning it up alot and should last.

Nice Truck. Glad you had a good experience. There are some real snakes out there. You took a long ride too!

nice excursion u plan on doing mods to it

Excursions are nice rides!!, About a year ago, I picked up an 05, Fully decked out Black, with tan Bottom, was top package, with 98,x.. miles v10, sweet ride for $5000 from repo lot in Jefferson City, plans were to lift it allready had 8in full spring kit, but decided was to nice and turned around and resold for 7800 :)

-Congrats on new ride , on the 6.0 if EGR gives u problems do the EGR delete, and dont go turning it up alot and should last.

I never seem to be able to find deals like that. :mad: :D I might do the EGR delete--we'll see. I don't plan on doing any serious mods to it, especially turning up the power since I want this thing to last a LONG time. My only plans for it right now are a CB & antenna, rear sway bar, weigh-distributing hitch, and a trailer. I just want to optimize it for towing. The tires on it are almost new but they're too street-oriented in my opinion. I might replace them before next winter with something more aggressive.

Pics to come tomorrow, hopefully!

New fleet pics

P3070078.jpg

P3070080.jpg

P3070086.jpg

P3070090.jpg

P3070094.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like someone is a very happy camper, look at that ear to ear smile!!

Jeff

She does have a pretty smile, I must say. Also one of her nicknames (besides Goldilocks) is "The Cheshire Cat." It was dark.

Figured I'd update this one, too, though, since I just updated another sweet thread o' mine. The missus has a new ride, and it is called Excursion. For all intents and purposes it's hers now.

Out of the fleet pics above (4 of 5 here--you listenin' Lisa/Jeff? :D) here's the story:

1. Excursion: hers now, I'm pretty sure. I won't divulge full details about this yet. Let's just say I'm actually OK with it. :shifty_ey

2. Explorer: no longer a driver--SAS in progress (beyond the point of no return)

3. Jeep Grand Wagoneer: I'm in the middle of an ignition system swap, which, like almost every other project of mine, is taking much longer than normal or necessary. Maybe I'll get it mostly done this weekend. Haven't driven it in a month.

4. HER Firebird: no, it's not a TA, it has the 3.8 V6 and a T-5 manual. Actually quite peppy, but I have knee problems.

You can see where this is going. Excursion's hers, Explorer's not here, Wag is down for a bit. Yup, me and mah bad knee are cruisin' the Firechicken.

Thanks to all the country-style projects we have here at the Reid Ranch I have made a decision. I want a truck. Guess what I want to get rid of to purchase said truck? ;)

I've wanted either a Jeep J-20 or M-715 for a while, but for what I need right now I have a new truck in mind: 1995 F-150 single cab, long bed, 4.9L inline six, automatic, 4x4, in good shape. Essentially an equal "trade." :cool:

Back