Headers and High Flow Cat Convt | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headers and High Flow Cat Convt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:D
Not sleeping now... kids vacation from school started today.. so you would think they sleep in... NOPE!!! yea when it stops Icing ill go get a clip, i hate ice!

just got home from Akron Childrens Hospital, been there all day, thought my youngest boy had a stroke... bad reaction to his meds... so ill get it tomorrow, sorry guys.

just got home from Akron Childrens Hospital, been there all day, thought my youngest boy had a stroke... bad reaction to his meds... so ill get it tomorrow, sorry guys.

Attending to the kids are FAR more important than a sound clip IMO.

yeah my thoughts exactly, was some scarey ****e, normally me and wife are always talking about the ex and what we are gonna do.. but this time.. it was all focused on him, every sec of the day... thankfully they got him on a med to correct the effects, so tomorrow a good day ill get the clip

Sound Clips

In Car
th_video-2011-12-22-14-12-23.jpg

At Muffler
th_video-2011-12-22-14-13-47.jpg

th_video-2011-12-22-14-14-25.jpg

At motor Bay
th_video-2011-12-22-14-15-50.jpg

This set is Pacesetter Headers, Good o2s, Magnaflow Hiflo Cat Convt, Flowmaster Delta 40 Muffler, 2 1/4 piping

yeah its been there since about a year after i bought it, it goes away when it heats up, just a lifter it goes away w/ every oil change for a while to since i do m1 and lucas

Ok so back from NY, had to take the Ex out and drive it. Smells like something is burning.. but i cant find anything touching the headers... My spark plug boots were here when I got here, so will install them here shortly. They are good quality, same as what you would get from Adv etc, just A LOT CHEAPER

Those things will probably stink for awile

i know i found one thing same day as install that was touching.. the plug for the a/c was laying against it.. well the plug is no longer umm together cause of it, but im gonna get these boots on, hoping the blue makes the other colors "pop"

i know i found one thing same day as install that was touching.. the plug for the a/c was laying against it.. well the plug is no longer umm together cause of it, but im gonna get these boots on, hoping the blue makes the other colors "pop"

did you see my "off road"cats i made,added some blue too to make it ''pop'':D
flange.jpg

cat0.jpg

cat1.jpg

cats1.jpg

cats2.jpg

cats3.jpg

cats4.jpg

2012-01-20200508.jpg

OK so been a MIN since Ive posted this.. ok now that I got the explorer up in full running condition.. With the headers on, hi flow cat and snorkel is all tied up put together etc.. you can feel the slight difference in the power, i have NOT seen MPG increase... ive seen lost MPG... but that is for other reasons.. So the Headers on flowing into the hi flow cat convt leading into the flow master delta 40 (wanted original 40), out to the tip.. sounds good.. power increase, no MPG increase.

I have seen a slight increase in mpg, but I notice more power, performance and response on my truck with a JBA header/Magna flow cat/ Gibson muffler.
(I need to go to the thread I started and add the sound clip I have, distinctly different sound than yours!)

It would have been really nice to have used a dyno before and after to show actual if any gains. My seat of the pants meter can vary depending on my mood, weather and other conditions!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

muffler is mainly what makes a ride sound different. i have a delta series, which imho is CRAP no one should get the DELTA series they are really quite.

yeah dyno would have been nice to get a hold of to see the difference.

Back