Heading from north jersey to South Carolina next friday | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heading from north jersey to South Carolina next friday

michael loibl

Reaction score
City, State
maywood, new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EB V6 & 2020 XLT
We are taking the kids down to the bottom of South Carolina to see the eclipse. Leaving Friday morning, visit some family in NC on the way, heading home Monday nite/ tues morning. Anyone else going? Anyone live in the totality band?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not me but good luck and have fun. We are taking our kids also for a road trip next week but going north. Do it while you can.
My 16 year old son would gladly send us away and stay home alone :)
Family vacation is not his thing anymore.

I'm in central Jersey for the next week visiting family. Sounds like a nice trip. Take your time. The cops here seem to be extra edgy. Weather has been perfect - can't say that too often. Stop off at South of the Border. I recall that place being unreal.

Glad you have a place to stay.

I've heard that almost all hotels in the band of totality are booked solid and the rates are retarded.

Now the next fun adventure will be to see how many morons stare directly at the eclipse thinking they won't get hurt....

We're in the band but just barely. My office is out - my home is in. And it only takes me about 10 minutes to get to my office.

60 miles north of the band, IIRC. Close enough for me.

We landed a spot dead center in the band of totality in tiny St Matthew SC. Little side road between some farmland where a few dozen other cars had pulled over.

Only about a mile north of the center of town which had a library and Hardee's fast food place which were suprisingly very welcoming to the crowds there only for the bathroom.

Just about every side road had a side road along the way had a similar gathering.

Great time was had all. Looking forward to 2024 Vermont

Back