I Wana see 1st gen ex lifted 4" and 33s!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I Wana see 1st gen ex lifted 4" and 33s!!

jrsbuck

Reaction score
City, State
Shamong, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer
Wana see what 4" lift and 33s looks like.. I wana see if i should go bigger or not.. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search around. There are a ton of pics of just about every mix of lift and tire size.

Here are mine, though.

4" w/33s

1600explorerlift33.jpg

4" w/33s and glass up front

1600colinexplorer.jpg

4" w/35s and glass up front

1600rubicon2.jpg

4" w35s and glass all around

1600drivewayleftsd.jpg

Where can i get a good safri rack like the ones in the pics from?

Well, the one on our rig (blue rig) isn't exactly a good one. Its a $60 one we got through costco, made by Coleman. It originally just clamped to the factory cross bars. We have since made our own cross bars..

The metal on the coleman basket is really thin. I tried to weld through it and I couldn't get my welder (110v miller gmaw) low enough..

~Mark

I can't find the place to put up a new discussion. I know it is supposed to be above all the other posts where I clicked this reply button but I don't see it. Anyone help me out here?

I know you are asking for 4" lifts, but since you said you were wondering whether or not to go bigger, this is either 5.5" or 6" (with 33x12.50 tires) not sure how much bigger though since I didn't measure the exact difference, and I'm not sure which brand it is. The explorer on the left is stock height.

2011-07-04_15-50-58_775.jpg

2011-07-03_22-44-43_783.jpg

11%2B-%2B1.jpg

I decided to go cheap as i can i got 2" coil spacers and 153 warrior for the back with a 2" body lift and try to fit 33s... i got the coil spacer and shackle in.. im doing the 2" body in shop tommorrow .... ill put a pic up wen its all done..... and any idea where i could get a heavy duty front and back bumper??

where the heck did you get those projectors?????????????????

you can find the projectors on e-bay !

Search around. There are a ton of pics of just about every mix of lift and tire size.

Here are mine, though.

4" w/33s

View attachment 392333

4" w/33s and glass up front

View attachment 392334

4" w/35s and glass up front

View attachment 392335

4" w35s and glass all around

View attachment 392336
Great looking rig. Were you able to put 35s with just a 4 in lift no other modifications? My son and I have a 1992 and are planning to do a 4in RC lift and trying to figure out what wheels and tires we can fit on it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Great looking rig. Were you able to put 35s with just a 4 in lift no other modifications? My son and I have a 1992 and are planning to do a 4in RC lift and trying to figure out what wheels and tires we can fit on it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
as i recall it, significant trimming is needed. @BKennedy may know more. for a 4" usually many rhn 32/33 afaik
I really like your old ride. Can I ask you how you added the recovery points on the front? I would like to do something similar to my 1992. Thanks
iirc i remember them being frame mounted on a different 1st gen before. there should be a hole kn the rail afaik and you add one more to bolt them on.

I had 32's with a 4" lift and they rubbed. You will probably need a 5.5" lift for 35's and then still need to trim the back edge of the front fenders, and possibly knock the front edge of the rear fender wells forward a little. I had to trim the front fenders back to the first bolt in the bottom.

There are numerous posts and threads about what tires fit what generation Explorer with which lift, and how much trimming is required. Please use the search function, it works very well.

I had 32's with a 4" lift and they rubbed. You will probably need a 5.5" lift for 35's and then still need to trim the back edge of the front fenders, and possibly knock the front edge of the rear fender wells forward a little. I had to trim the front fenders back to the first bolt in the bottom.

There are numerous posts and threads about what tires fit what generation Explorer with which lift, and how much trimming is required. Please use the search function, it works very well.
^^very knowledgable fella

Thanks. I've had a first gen since 1993, my current 1994 since 1995. It had its first lift a few months after I bought it, which was a Superlift 4".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put 35s on the same 4” Trailmaster lift but needed the front fiberglass fenders and hammered the pinch weld on the firewall. The back is just the 4” lift springs.

On the Rubicon.
6021B9B6-0AEF-44DE-8E1E-FF16A74022B4.jpeg

Back