• Register Today It's free!

Interesting situation(pully)

Derekjeterkid2

Reaction score
City, State
Near New London CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
This is my story and if this happens to you, you will learn from me and what happened, 94 explorer XLT

My "idler pully" fell off one night, got to run 2 miles home in the rain due to no cell service. i thought the belt broke, but the next day turned out to be the pully totally broke off, i thought it was the alternator the whole time oups, cuz i replaced that too, but anyway i went to 5 auto parts stores and 2 junk yards to finally realize the new replacments look nothing like the stock one that i was looking to replace, i finally went to a napa where the guy was smart enough to realize it would work the same as the old one..... i also replaced my alt which was 95 amp with a 130 and my sound is way better but now i dont think the old one was shot as i believed, oh well upgrades are always good... here are some pictures of the new pully and alternator

Fugi%20Film%

Fugi%20Film%

maybe theese work? dont really know how to put pics in, maybe someone will tell me

Well, mine (pulley) fell off a few weeks ago. No fun at 12:30 in the morning. 2 weeks later my alternator died. Doing good! :confused:

Joe

You're trying to insert your own pics directly from your own PC which will not work. They've gotta be from an online source. Become ELITE ($30) then u can upload pics to your gallery then fetch them from the gallery.

OR

get a cardomain page, post them there, and then insert the hyperlink to get them from there.

There is a 100kb/pic size limit, so if your pics are high enough rez to go over that limit, you've gotta resize them. (Try "web picture creator" - easy to use)

Back