JBL Specs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JBL Specs

d_esmond

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 MMH
Hi everyone,

I enjoy reading this board... I have learned so much about explorers! However, I have some additional questions hopefully someone is knowledgable enough to answer.

I am about to purchase a 95 XLT which has the JBL system installed. I know there are five JBL speakers (including the sub). What I don't know, however, is how much power is being delivered and what options are available as far as upgrading it. I think it is a 6" sub so that will have to go, but what is the power rating of the amp driving it? Can I just get a JL stealth box and put it in place of the stock sub and hook it up the original amp? Is that possible and if so, is whatever the stock amp puts out enough power for the new sub?

Also, how much power is going to the door speakers? I would like to upgrade these as well with BA speakers, but I don't even know the rating of the amp that's driving them. Is it a four way amp?

I, like others on this board, would VERY much prefer to keep the stock "look" as well as the functionality of the rear controls. Can I leave the head unit and still have a good-sounding system? I've saved about $2000 to spend on upgrades and if I don't have to buy new amps I'd rather put the money towards a JL stealth box and some new door speakers.

I would really appreciate anyone's input on this. I'm not a total audiophile, but I can definitely appreciate a quality system.

Thanks!

-dan

Back