Mjööllnir The evolution | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mjööllnir The evolution

Looks good! I just pulled a 7.3 out of a F350.. They are HUGE! Ill be watching this one! Bad ass!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like that F250 has some lean to it, weak springs maybe? Other than that, looking good :D

the yard slopes on the driverside
truck sits level on flat ground

DSCF2965.jpg

more tear down done today i also got the tranny and t case out got to put a new rear main seal in and oil pan gasket before i can go any farther

DSCF2993.jpg

DSCF2994.jpg

I think you got a flat bro. lol

The old, deflate the tires to fit it in the garage, I mean fit it under the hoist, trick. :p

looks like your off to a very good start. keep up the good work.

are you going to part out the remaining rolling chassis from the explorer? i might be interested in the wheels and perhaps the ZF5 from the F250.
i have a low mileage '76 460 sitting waiting for my crewcab but i don't wanna us the c6 that is in it now. i prefer manual but don't want to use an NP435 or T18. does the 6.9 have the same bellhousing pattern as the big blocks? the e40od you show a picture of looks like the same pattern as my 400 & 460.

are you going to part out the remaining rolling chassis from the explorer? i might be interested in the wheels and perhaps the ZF5 from the F250.
i have a low mileage '76 460 sitting waiting for my crewcab but i don't wanna us the c6 that is in it now. i prefer manual but don't want to use an NP435 or T18. does the 6.9 have the same bellhousing pattern as the big blocks? the e40od you show a picture of looks like the same pattern as my 400 & 460.

the diesel has its own bolt pattern and I am pretty sure I have the zf5 already sold

and yes I am parting out the rest of the explorer drive train when I am done

after three days of fighting with rivets and drilling holes for brackets
killing 2 grinders and one drill and one chuck the frame is now shortend by 21"

giving me a wheelbase of 112"

now I can start putting things back together

DSCF3018.jpg

DSCF3019.jpg

DSCF3021.jpg

DSCF3024.jpg

DSCF3022.jpg

DSCF3023.jpg

cant wait to see the body on it. wish you were closer id come help.

ok lift is mostly in frame is done cept body mounts but I need the explorer body off the frame before I can work those out
and the tranny is in and tcase is coming tommorow as well as a bronco gas tank skid plate so i can lower the tank to fit the body
still need to fab up something to fill the gap in the front frame around the spring mount

DSCF3026.jpg

DSCF3027.jpg

DSCF3028.jpg

DSCF3029.jpg

\
DSCF3030.jpg

thats the sky manufacturing 5" shackle reversal kit

I see a trip to Timmys was in order during the day! did you win on the rrrroll up?

Si

i am lucky my wife keeps bringing the timmies home everytime she goes out
bad part is I never win the roll up but she always does lol

lol,, almost as canadian as making something work , like that frame in a Ex is the timmies cup on the frame horn as you work away,,
timmies rules,,

i saw something like this in off-roading magazine...a guy took two diesels out of f-250's and put them into two different bronco's...it was badass

Sssssssssssuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbbssssssssccccccccrrrrrrrrriiiiiiibbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a quick question...i understand the attraction of a diesel on the road and for a towing vehicle and for many other applications but what is the advantage of a diesel on the trail...as opposed to a big gas engine? just curios? is it just something different? i like your project either way though

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

torque torque and way low down in the rpm
I can pretty much idle over anything I fit over
red line on the diesel is 3500rmp
and I just love the diesel

Back