larger tires on the ol ranger,

dtl 2k2 sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
stafford Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SPORT
okay trying to sport up the ranger on the budget plan, i just secured 16' ford tear drop rims off of a 99 4x4. Question is, i have a 2 wheel drive ranger 98 4 cly, i'm planning to either put bfg's at/kos, or bfg rugged trails on it,, 16'' on it,, will this fit w/ outa body lift? or do i need 2'' lift to put on as we'll? thanks for the help, basically just wanna make it four wheel drive height , but as a daily driver i dont wanna go to far on the pre runner look as i thought about in a earlier thread,, thanks,,,,, dave :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you never mentioned what size tire you wanted...i got a good idea that a ranger stock can prolly fit 31s ....if thats what you want...

lol, your right, i just wanna keep 16'' on it,, is that cool? w/ out a body lift? but if i do want to go 2'' i might do that in the future, but for now just make it look a little larger to get it off the ground

when you go to 16 in tires or anything different from 15s youll need a conversion chart. look one up on the site im not sure about what size tire 31s are metric... but i know there are plenty of conversion tire threads on here... but like i said before i used to have a ranger also 95, and it fit 31s easily no prob...

hey small world i have had family friends that lived in akien before some sort of fda related job shut down, so they went else where, but from what i remember of that area it was very nice ! Thinking i'll just throw 16' in tires on, bfg at,,, dont wanna kill the gas milage too bad!

Back