Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
I know many members are always interested in gas mileage, so here are my latest numbers:

19 mpg city
19-25 mpg hwy (dependent on speed: 60 mph = 25+, diminishing on up)
10-12 mpg towing hwy

My mileage can approach 30 if I drive like a normal person, but I love hearing the supercharger too much! Also, if I'm on the hwy I can retard my spark timing on the fly which robs me of a lot of hp but helps hwy mileage. I don't do it much. Oh, and I do use premium gas, Exxon and Chevron mostly, occasionally Shell and Texaco. I run injector cleaner every 3k miles or so. The spotlight, Hellas, lift, and roof rack definately hurt mileage, I'd probably get 3 mpg more across the board at stock hight with no lights or rack, but where's the fun in that?

BTW, that towing figure is also accurate for when I go racing a bunch. faster accel = lower mileage

Today I took a 280 mile road trip back to school to get some stuff. I got 23.5mpg with about 95% of it highway. I have a 5spd manual and 116K miles on the truck.

I'm still figuring out how to drive 60mph on the freeway without getting nailed by a fast moving car. At 75mph we are at 2750 RPMs in OD (that is with 32" tires and 4.10 gears)..

At this rate we get about 17ish mpg (on a good day)..
At 60 mpg in town (which is only 5mph higher than the speed limit) we are at 2000 rpms.. I'm sure we would do much better at 2k, but I can't find a place that I can drive that slow for that long..

~Mark

Back